• 322(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
Hi,
since I use LE 9 (fresh install alpha 4, updated to 8) I have the problem, that every video is stuttering. It's worst when I enable "Sync to screen" and a little better when I disable that option.
It's independent from the framerate.
It's the same when I disable HW VAAPI.
I can hear the sound pitching up and down a little when playing a video file.
When I enable Logging I can see the framerate Informations in the left corner of the screen: The framerate goes up and down from 23-24.5 when playing a 23.976 file.
I can play the files without problems when booting LE 8 from usb.

Any chance that sombody could take a look in my Logfile? Anything that I could try?

http://ix.io/1v0V

Thank you very much!
(2018-12-01, 19:05)soulchar Wrote: Any chance that sombody could take a look in my Logfile? Anything that I could try?

http://ix.io/1v0V

Your log is from 8.90.008 which is supported on the LibreELEC forum, not here.

If you want to report an issue with the testbuilds released in this thread then submit a log that is actually using one of these test builds, preferably the latest.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1201: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: c456dceff1e8adfbf2970ed726f1d2a2a4a2745c0d6e7ffcd3f939b571e93ce5 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.6 #1 SMP Sat Dec 1 21:04:41 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181201210245-#1201-g5dc77c9 [Build #1201]

# Kodi version
(18.0-RC2 Git:5880ccf). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (5dc77c9, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5880ccf, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.19.6 kernel
  2. fix .config/firmware handling
  3. ssh: allow setting of default libreelec password
  4. pvr.vuplus: Load config if enabled, plus extra logging
Build Details:
  1. peripheral.joystick:
    • [Android] added buttonmap for XBOX 360 controller (PR:157, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:3130 (perma): linux (RPi/Generic): update to linux-4.19.6
    • Added: [env] PR:3141 (perma): fix .config/firmware handling
    • Added: [pkg] patch: ssh: allow setting of default libreelec password (service.libreelec.settings)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:137 (perma): Load config if enabled (pvr.vuplus)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-11-24, 18:08)riccardo Wrote: ... Dolby+ audio plays only if I play the video containing this audio as a first video (after fresh boot). If I first play a video with other audio format and then try to play other one with Dolby+, the audio won't play. I have to reboot LE to get Dolby+ working again.
This also happens if I play Dolby+ first (log 16:15:53.494 - audio played OK), then other video with a different audio (log 16:18:15.912 - audio played OK) and then again the first video with Dolby+ (log 16:27:31.183 - audio did not play).
Hi guys, I´m dealing with similar Dolby+ EAC3 problem as the guy above. Files with Dolby+ EAC3 play fine only if no file with HD audio format (DTS-HD|XLL|X|Dolby TrueHD|Atmos) was played before in the current boot session. The only thing that helps is to reboot my NUC or to put it to sleep and then wake.
Could it still be a kernel bug of some sort? It´s like my AVR doesn´t understand the audio format in this case or maybe the stream sent from NUC over (DP)HDMI contains only video but no audio. Had no issue like this on any previous HTPC together with my beloved AVR-4310.
https://paste.kodi.tv/goheratoza.kodiI did similar steps as riccardo. Played a video with Dolby+ with no issues, then stopped and played another video with DTS-HD - everything played fine, then again played the first one with Dolby+. Audio didn't work this time.
@avoidconflictz see if you can work out when this issue started - is it present in LibreELEC 8.2.5 (Kodi 17.6), or is it only an issue in these LE9/Kodi 18 test builds, and if so can you identify the first of these test builds with the issue? It could be a kernel issue, or a Kodi issue.

Can you provide links to sample Dolby EAC3+ and DTS HD files that might allow someone else to reproduce the issue?
Quote:Your log is from 8.90.008 which is supported on the LibreELEC forum, not here.
If you want to report an issue with the testbuilds released in this thread then submit a log that is actually using one of these test builds, preferably the latest.
original post

Sorry! So here is the log with testbuild #1201

http://ix.io/1v3A

Thanks a lot!
(2018-12-02, 03:17)Milhouse Wrote: @avoidconflictz see if you can work out when this issue started - is it present in LibreELEC 8.2.5 (Kodi 17.6), or is it only an issue in these LE9/Kodi 18 test builds, and if so can you identify the first of these test builds with the issue? It could be a kernel issue, or a Kodi issue.

Can you provide links to sample Dolby EAC3+ and DTS HD files that might allow someone else to reproduce the issue?
 I can provide sample files with EAC3 but so far every file with EAC3 causes the same problem. Even those short sample clips I got from public resources. An HD audio must me played for at least 30 seconds or longer and then EAC3 stops working.
I tried 8.2.5 in Feb 2018 and audio passthrough didn´t work at all for any audio type on my NUC6CAYH. Probably due to old intel drivers in the kernel and incompatible HDMI FW in my NUC. There was no change when I upgraded the HDMI FW and BIOS to the latest so I focused on LE9. The funny thing is that I´ve been using LE9 for about 3 months now and found out about this only three days ago because I haven't played any video with EAC3 until now.
Let me try few older LE9 test builds to see if any previous works better that current. It might take an hour or two.
(2018-12-02, 02:52)avoidconflictz Wrote: Hi guys, I´m dealing with similar Dolby+ EAC3 problem as the guy above. Files with Dolby+ EAC3 play fine only if no file with HD audio format (DTS-HD|XLL|X|Dolby TrueHD|Atmos) was played before in the current boot session... 
Hello, looks I'm not the only one having this problem. So far I also narrowed all the other problems with audio passthrough to this single one (no EAC3 after HD audio). All the other audio issues I mentioned before were caused by currupted or somewhat wrong files.
My AVR is ONKYO TX-SR608 and I think it is probably the same age as your DENON. A friend of mine, who works for a local electronics repair shop, told me that there is quite a possibility that such AVRs have the same or very similar HDMI input processor chips therefore they might behave the similar way in this case.
When EAC3 stops working I sometimes try not to reboot NUC but to turn the AVR off and on again but it never helps. If only there was a function to quickly reset the HDMI status to the same it was in after fresh boot (without rebooting the NUC of course). From my experience there is no better version od LE9 than current as for the audio passthrough compatibility. I remember that some testbuilds from July/August were not able to passthrough DTS HD correctly - I used to see "Multichannel" instead of "DTS HD MA" on my AVR's display, DTS MAtrix caused the video being jerky, but it's all now fixed. Well maybe some of those older builds could process EAC3 better though. I'll try to find it too.
I've spend over 4 hours looking for an older build which plays EAC3 fine no matter what was played before. No luck.
0630 and earlier gives no EAC3 at all, even after fresh boot, just silence. I tried about 8 of these until I found 0715 where passthrough works the same as the latest build.
(2018-11-29, 02:42)Milhouse Wrote: Now that we've identified the regression, it needs to be reported to libcec so that it can be fixed upstream
I was afraid you would be saying that Big Grin
But here it is, in case you want to keep an eye on it https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/issues/444
(2018-12-02, 17:08)keydon Wrote: I was afraid you would be saying that Big Grin
But here it is, in case you want to keep an eye on it https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/issues/444

Perfect, thanks.
I'm starting to think that, since nobody else reports this, it is caused by the AVR. The only solution to this is to disable audio passthrough ability for Dolby+ under System -> Audio settings.
(2018-12-02, 17:41)riccardo Wrote: I'm starting to think that, since nobody else reports this, it is caused by the AVR. The only solution to this is to disable audio passthrough ability for Dolby+ under System -> Audio settings.
Have you considered upgrading firmware in your AVR? I´m really thinking about it. The last thing I´m going to try is KODI under Windows, if the problem is there as well.
I tried to read the debug log. From what I understand (probably not very much) is that both - the first successful attempt to play the file with EAC3 and the second unsuccessful (3rd file to play) - look the same. No errors and no difference. So it either doesn´t do what it says in the log or it does and the AVR can't process it. Damn I wish I could try it with different newer AVR, but everybody I know has the older AVR without HDMI.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1202: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 0212fc0d442fe4092b8dbd5500410c88df8dc6fee0c7661be4a6e74f55990a6d (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.6 #1 SMP Sun Dec 2 21:56:33 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181202215419-#1202-g99f4e4b [Build #1202]

# Kodi version
(18.0-RC2 Git:812855d). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (99f4e4b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (812855d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. [linux] powermanagement: change logind detection to also use Dbus
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • WeTek_Core, WeTek_Play: Disable suspend and emulate poweroff by suspending the device (PR:3142, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [busybox] Fixed 'getedid delete' section (PR:3143, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [linux] powermanagement: change logind detection to also use Dbus (PR:14976, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [docs] Missing docs for ListItem.NextDuration (PR:14975, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:106 (perma): Adds ability to change SSH root password from LE settings (service.libreelec.settings)
I've had an issue over the last couple of builds and am wondering what I can do to help debug.

I'm not exactly sure when this issue might have made it into the builds.

Everything is working perfectly for me on LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20181006210251-#1006-g24504bb

However, with both LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20181123210219-#1123-gcf48bb0 and LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20181201210245-#1201-g5dc77c9, I seem to have network issues.

For me, this has manifested as rendering the Android Kore app essentially unusable; there is extreme lag/delay in transmitting commands to my Asus Chromebox. Additionally, I seem to be only able to play .mp3 files through MPD connected to a network music share; .flac and other high-res formats cannot be played.

I went back to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20181006210251-#1006-g24504bb (by copying the tar to the update directory) and everything works smoothly again.

Is there a particular log I can provide or anything I can do/test to chase the issue down?
  • 322(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24