• 340(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
Most likely the COL_Conversion in one of the shaders (again). We will see ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I also tried windows now. There are no mistakes.
8.2.5 does not support our processors (J5005). I also tried the builds of "sky42". That's 8.2.5 with J5005 support, also there is the error.
Similar feedback from me too
First i downloaded & tried to boot with 8.2.5, does not boot at all, error message is  "Failed to start xorg. Is your GPU supported?"
Then i also tested using kodi 8.2.5 in sky's libreelec builds. Results as expected: boots fine, everything works fine, but, artifacts are there.
If i get that right, sky's build is "old solid kodi + new cutting edge linux" Which tell me that whatever problem is NOT within Kodi itself, but linux part ( new generation graphics drivers i assume )

I am also thinking this could be due to a bad batch of 5005 processors... If only we 3 are having this problem.
I am about to make a clean install of newly released LE 9, i was planning to do that anyway Smile
Me personally, i can live with this bug, its not a showstopper Wink
Appreciate all your efforts guys
(2019-02-03, 22:44)rykios Wrote: I am also thinking this could be due to a bad batch of 5005 processors... If only we 3 are having this problem.

Or a duff BIOS? It is strange.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have the same problem. NUC7PJYH with libreelec 9.0.0. Had the problem on your builds as well.
Don't really mind either...
I just tried build # 701. There it looks like the error does not exist. Can that confirm who? Will continue testing.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0203: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: c96dc58a6afe680495c611a39eb4a4e2152b99d04f7bd442b3d83bdb57b59eae (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.19 #1 SMP Mon Feb 4 00:18:04 GMT 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20190204000903-#0203-g974f4cb [Build #0203]

# Kodi version
(18.1-RC1 Git:077fde4). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (974f4cb, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (077fde4, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Switch to multi-threaded build system
  2. Updated devel packages: glibc, glib, binutils, meson, ninja etc.
  3. linux: add patch to fix Zotac IR remotes
  4. VideoSync: Fixup vsync clock
  5. EPG - Delete timer 'All' option fails to delete timer rule
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • VideoSync: Fixup vsync clock (PR:15403, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • RenderCapture: Only query Occlusion if GL lower 1.5 (PR:15351, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [skins] Estuary + Estouchy keyboard layout fixes (PR:15399, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • EPG - Delete timer 'All' option fails to delete timer rule (PR:15410, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. pvr.mythtv:
    • fix user injection issue (3c104f7)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Bump devel packages, add multi-threaded buildsystem
    • Added: [env] PR:3289 (perma): linux: add patch to fix Zotac IR remotes
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:177 (perma): Recording edls (pvr.vuplus)
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:14571 (perma): Remove ARB postfix from GL functions
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Weekly Linux 5.0-rc5 build #0203x: Generic

Known issues:
text:

xf86-video-nvidia and xf86-video-nvidia-legacy NOT enabled (not yet compatible)
No dvb-latest or crazycat drivers
(2019-02-04, 00:09)Milhouse Wrote:
(2019-02-03, 22:44)rykios Wrote: I am also thinking this could be due to a bad batch of 5005 processors... If only we 3 are having this problem.

Or a duff BIOS? It is strange.
Well I have it too. i suppose it's a problem with the Intel grafics driver? at least it looks that way to me.
Aha! 5 people so far with this bug   ...and counting Cool
I tell you brothers we are not alone  there must be more of us hahahaha

Now, on the serious side, today's fact: I have been looking my amazon transaction history, and i see i got some new fancy HDMI cables last SUMMER, July 5 actually. Means the problem was there at end of June, in case this rings some bells...
At a first glance, typical symptoms of a Intel graphics drivers issue.... though the more i think about it, the more i feel its a hardware issue... Some bad batch.
Maybe we all should join forces and ask for a hardware replacement, even if guarantee has expired Tongue
not for me. My nuc is just a few weeks old. So I suppose a "bad batch" is not the problem here.
On the other hand, since it only happens on the home screen, I am pretty sure it's a software issue.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0204: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 5e4d4f176171834490e60a29de7c5a0fa35b82c20dcc94f000af5f73cc690910 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.19 #1 SMP Mon Feb 4 21:27:58 GMT 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20190204211109-#0204-g974f4cb [Build #0204]

# Kodi version
(18.1-RC1 Git:35a2613). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (974f4cb, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (35a2613, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. [PVR][settings] Reintroduce setting "Close channel OSD after switchin
  2. Fix binary add-on symbol stripping
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Fix Top 100 Albums regression (PR:15422, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Fix]Avoid attempt to load music info for smartplaylists (PR:15353, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Threads] revert #15263, log tid instead posix thread (PR:15419, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [PVR][settings] Reintroduce setting "Close channel OSD after switchin (PR:15420, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  2. vfs.rar:
    • Fix infinite loop when attempting to read from invalid file (PR:32, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • bump to version 2.0.6 (45a0cec)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] patch: Bump devel packages, add multi-threaded buildsystem
    • Updated: [env] PR:3260 (perma): linux (RPi/Generic): update to linux-4.19.19
Hello,
I once asked in the intel forum for the error. The following was written there.
Click
Well, if I'm not mistaken, the i915 module doesn't exist in LE.
BTW I put the NUC to another TV and the areas affected are now outside the visible area. (Overscan I suppose)
So I'm good for now. ;-)
@umtauscher the i915 driver is a kernel built-in with LibreELEC.

(2019-02-05, 17:26)facecreator Wrote: Hello,
I once asked in the intel forum for the error. The following was written there.
Click

Nice find. Try adding i915.enable_fbc=0, sounds like that should work but don't know if it has any side-effects. Could be the only work-around until there is a bug fix.

Might be worth adding a comment on the bug that it is also reproducible with LibreELEC, just in case LibreELEC is easier for anyone else to test against. It's been set to a medium priority, not really sure what that means but probably don't hold your breath waiting for a fix (last update: 3 months ago).

Can't remember, but did anyone try testing with the linux 5.0-rc kernels and see if it's still present?
  • 340(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24