• 348(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
I also have no more HDMI audio devices on #0313. Reverting to some build where these devices are still available.
(2019-03-14, 19:33)Roi Danton Wrote: I also have no more HDMI audio devices on #0313. Reverting to some build where these devices are still available.
Try the blacklist workaround as mentioned a few posts above.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-03-14, 19:50)Milhouse Wrote: Try the blacklist workaround as mentioned a few posts above.

Ok, thank you for the hint! :-)
will we need to use work around from now on or will kodi devs fix it?
I'm unable to play video across my network with LibreELEC versions since LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.90.006, including 9.0.0, 9.0.1, and #0313 posted just above. 

I've installed #0313 as per the instructions above, using a completely fresh install of 9.0.1 then updating to #0313. The only config changes I made were to change the hostname and to add the network path to the video. 

When I try to play the video, the loading screen sits for a few seconds and then the video starts playing but immediately starts stuttering/buffering. It buffers for a while, then plays again for a bit, then buffers. Some videos just plain close after a cycle or two of this. 

Everything works fine in 8.90.006 but I'd love to be able to update. 

Is there a fix or workaround? 

Here is my logfile: http://ix.io/1DxM
(2019-03-14, 23:58)threz_ Wrote: I'm unable to play video across my network with LibreELEC versions since LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.90.006, including 9.0.0, 9.0.1, and #0313 posted just above. 

I've installed #0313 as per the instructions above, using a completely fresh install of 9.0.1 then updating to #0313. The only config changes I made were to change the hostname and to add the network path to the video. 

When I try to play the video, the loading screen sits for a few seconds and then the video starts playing but immediately starts stuttering/buffering. It buffers for a while, then plays again for a bit, then buffers. Some videos just plain close after a cycle or two of this. 

Everything works fine in 8.90.006 but I'd love to be able to update. 

Is there a fix or workaround? 

Here is my logfile: http://ix.io/1DxM

looks like it could be the same RT81xx ethernet issue affecting Chromeboxes, which started with kernel 4.19.0.  Try the workaround listed in the Chromebox wiki page, ie add 'pci=nomsi' to the kernel command parameters and reboot.
(2019-03-14, 22:12)Nekromantik Wrote: will we need to use work around from now on or will kodi devs fix it?
 for HDMI output on SKL/KBL devices? that's not a Kodi issue, it's a LE / kernel one.
That seems to have worked! 

I'm not using a Chromebox, but instead a Gigabyte Brix BXi3-4030. I didn't think to look in the Chromebook wiki. 

Will I have to re-apply this fix after every update?
(2019-03-15, 00:48)threz_ Wrote: That seems to have worked! 

I'm not using a Chromebox, but instead a Gigabyte Brix BXi3-4030. I didn't think to look in the Chromebook wiki. 

Will I have to re-apply this fix after every update?
 yes, I know - I just looked at your log and saw it was using the same ethernet controller (Realtek 81xx) and speculated it might be the same issue.  That's actually good for me, in that it implies that the fault is likely with the kernel/driver and not my firmware.

syslinux.cfg is only overwritten when doing a fresh install, updates will not affect it
@matt Devo, @threz_, @Nekromantik both these issues are kernel related, not Kodi.

The network issue has a bug report but it's not getting any attention, so don't expect a fix any time soon - the workaround is the best we have right now.

I have no idea what is causing the audio issue, there's no bug report as far as I'm aware, and again the workaround (blacklisting snd_soc_skl) is the best solution. Anyone affected by it is welcome to open a bug.

The workarounds only need to be applied once (unless you clean install).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0314: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 4791bf4d7facd4eb4f98598da03812af831480ed5990dc2e2ce4b4c759471cd6 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 5.0.2 #1 SMP Thu Mar 14 21:07:13 GMT 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20190314210440-#0314-g0fa0712 [Build #0314]

# Kodi version
Kodi (18.2-RC1 Git:d68bd9b). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0fa0712, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d68bd9b, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. add PIN lock option to LE Settings
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • addons updates (PR:3368, 7 commits, 147 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Guide window: On first open, trigger immediate fetching of real data, not delayed. (PR:15738, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Fixed error "Unexpected [standby_pc_on_tv_standby] setting value (PR:15706, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • GLContextEGL: Fix wraparounds on 32 bit system (PR:15743, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR] Rework PVR component inter-dependencies (PR:15707, 17 commits, 64 files changed)
  3. pvr.nextpvr:
    • Style Cleanup (PR:89, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:123 (perma): add PIN lock option to LE Settings (service.libreelec.settings)
(2019-03-15, 07:59)Milhouse Wrote: @matt Devo, @threz_, @Nekromantik both these issues are kernel related, not Kodi.

The network issue has a bug report but it's not getting any attention, so don't expect a fix any time soon - the workaround is the best we have right now.

I have no idea what is causing the audio issue, there's no bug report as far as I'm aware, and again the workaround (blacklisting snd_soc_skl) is the best solution. Anyone affected by it is welcome to open a bug.

The workarounds only need to be applied once (unless you clean install).

I added a new bug report: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=202945

the existing one seemed similar only the in error reported, not in the symptom nor device
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0315: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 25eb00d8e15cb2abbcd1fea177d2d2e22ef1d376a4f811bee57eb43b7331d7c9 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 5.0.2 #1 SMP Fri Mar 15 21:05:44 GMT 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20190315210317-#0315-g0fa0712 [Build #0315]

# Kodi version
Kodi (18.2-RC1 Git:32d3bbe). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0fa0712, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (32d3bbe, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. dvb addon updates - enable crazycat, dvb-latest
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Only trigger CPVRUpdateAddonsJob if the AddonEvent is a PVR client (PR:15753, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. inputstream.adaptive:
    • fixed some bugs in TTML parser (PR:215, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] compare (perma): arm-mem: test NEON optimisations
    • Updated: [env] PR:3218 (perma): linux (RPi/Generic): update to linux-5.0.2
    • Added: [env] PR:3369 (perma): dvb addon updates
(2019-03-16, 01:29)Matt Devo Wrote: I added a new bug report: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=202945

the existing one seemed similar only the in error reported, not in the symptom nor device

Thanks!
Same sound issue here on KabyLake (Intel NUC7i3BNK) since build #312. Solved with the workaround. Just upgraded to #315 and it's working. I'll keep that blacklist fix.

I have also some strange issues with the network, but I'm still investigating. Will report once I understand better, too random for now.

Thanks a lot for your support.
  • 348(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24