[SOLVED] Skip Steps Do Not Work Using Comskip Files
Hello all, first time poster, but long time user of Kodi.

My problem: When playing back a video associated with a Comskip edl or txt file, the skip steps (-10, -30, -60, +10, +30, +60) do not work at all. So if a commercial was missed, I don't have this easy option available to skip right past it.

My setup(s): I have two boxes, each exhibiting the same problem. My TV shows are recorded via TVHeadend onto a server, which then runs the comskip program on them, generating an edl file. Each TV has OpenElec 6.0.3 (one is an old Acer Revo, the other an Rpi2) which organizes the shows in Kodi into the "TV Shows" category. Files are reached via the NFS protocol. This has worked perfectly for me until I try to use a comskip file.

Video playback is perfect and the comskip is working fine. But, if we need to skip back because we missed something important in the show, or if a commercial goes undetected, I am unable to use the skip steps to quickly go forward or back. Nothing happens at all when I select these keys.

Skip steps work 100% perfectly when playing back without an edl or txt file.

Quick edit - These are mkv files if that is part of the issue/solution.

I sincerely appreciate any help in getting the skip steps working during an edl associated playback!

Scott
Disregard. Openelec is still using v15.2. I installed LibreElec using v16.1 on a new SSD on the Rpi2 and this function works perfectly.

Solved as the newest version of Kodi fixes this.

Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Skip Steps Do Not Work Using Comskip Files0