Default Video player selection
Hey guys was introduced to Kodi a few months ago and I've been trying to read through and teach myself things without bothering the forums as I hate admitting defeat but the time has come.

I have an Amazon Kindle fire and I just installed Kodi on it a couple days ago. Unfortunately my TV isn't as "smart" as it needs to be for screen mirroring so I tried using the app "localcast" to be able to connect to my chrome cast which works great. Albeit a little funky to get set up but works just the same. With the searching I've done I had to download a premade playerfactorycore.xml file and paste it to the right folder. Now when I play a file it opens local cast and I'm able to watch it on TV.

The question I have is how am I able to use the stock player when I'm not in front of my TV. I'd like to have the option to just watch the files on my tablet instead of it starting localcast every time I play something and it wanting to cast it with no option for the tablet. I've read through a lot of pages and I'm hoping someone can just point me in the right direction or show me that I've been looking in the wrong spot.

Thanks in advance for any info and help you can provide.
hit the context menu and then 'play using'.

On most touch screens I think a long press will bring up the context menu.

By the way, why don't you just plug a media player into your TV via HDMI?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I tried that but it always opens local cast and doesn't allow kodi to play it that's the problem. Media player ad in what? I have a roku but it's older and I don't think the Kindle could talk to it. Or am I wrong
Does anyone have more advice please?
I also posted this question. from what I have read into we need to add another video player. I was hoping to find some help on setting up another player and be able to switch between the two.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default Video player selection0