Photos taking ~12 seconds to load from SMB share, is this normal?
Hi there,

I’ve recently started usung Kodi with a Windows 10 SMB share which is working fine for the most part, however veiwing photos taken on an iPhone 5s each photo is taking over 10 seconds to load leading to an extremely sluggish experience. Videos taken on the same phone don’t seem to be able to buffer fast enough for continuous playback. Is this normal? I have a good home network which isn’t overstressed so i’m unsure why this is happening.

Many thanks
It's possible that the thumbnails cache is still being filled with your photo collection. What file sizes are your photos?
(2019-04-21, 20:38)UnluckyForSome Wrote: Hi there,

I’ve recently started usung Kodi with a Windows 10 SMB share which is working fine for the most part, however veiwing photos taken on an iPhone 5s each photo is taking over 10 seconds to load leading to an extremely sluggish experience. Videos taken on the same phone don’t seem to be able to buffer fast enough for continuous playback. Is this normal? I have a good home network which isn’t overstressed so i’m unsure why this is happening.

Many thanks

As a former Raspberry Pi user from Pi- 1 to 3+ I ran from it with lack of memory
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Photos taking ~12 seconds to load from SMB share, is this normal?0