Can NextPVR be used with Freesat
Might well be moving to FreeSat soon, I have a Windows KODI box with Freeview dual tuners in. Is it a case of buying a sat PCI card and telling NextPVR to use that? Be interested to hear from anyone on FreeSat.

James
I've got freesat !!

Situation is a little different from yours in that my OS is Linux and my PVR backend is TVHeadend, but assuming that you can get Windows drivers for your freesat card(s) then I can see no reason why your existing setup woudln't work.

I have a dual tuner dvb-t card and a dual tuner dvb-s card. In my case, it was just a matter of installing the drivers for the dvb-s card and then telling TVH which satellite it was pointing at. I guess your scenario won't be too different.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-12-03, 20:27)m0bov Wrote: Might well be moving to FreeSat soon, I have a Windows KODI box with Freeview dual tuners in. Is it a case of buying a sat PCI card and telling NextPVR to use that? Be interested to hear from anyone on FreeSat.

James
Yeah, sure. There is lots of NextPVR users using Freesat.
Ok sounds good. Anyone suggest a good quality card? If I had dual tuners, does the dish need twin coax feeds?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can NextPVR be used with Freesat0