v14 Choppy playback of 24fps video fixed with workaround, how do I fix permanently?
Using 14.2, I'm having the common problem of 24fps video not playing smoothly for whatever reason. Easily noticeable on slow panning shots, and it will drive you crazy. VLC plays these files fine.

Anyway, it's easily fixed by unchecking "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen", but this is not a fix as I need it in windowed mode to use other applications.

Now the unusual workaround for this I've found is as follows.

1. Start Kodi, notice choppy playback

2. Uncheck "Use a fullscreen window..."

3. Re-check "Use a fullscreen window..."

And now there's no more choppy playback in windowed fullscreen mode. This achieves the same quality playback as VLC without having to adjust your refresh rate (which makes the monitors go black to readjust, which sucks for regular usage). But this also causes Kodi to be "stuck on top" of all other windows.

So what the hell is going on here? While I'm glad to see that this kinda works, is there any way I can achieve this fullscreen toggle without fiddling with my video settings every time I open Kodi?

More specifically, does anyone know where the settings that store fullscreen toggle are? Maybe something that is deactivated there is what causes this problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy playback of 24fps video fixed with workaround, how do I fix permanently?1