AC3 passthrough problem
yes Sad

what does this means:
AE_FMT_FLOAT,
AE_FMT_S16NE,

(AE_FMT_S32NE, AE_FMT_S16NE, AE_FMT_S32LE, AE_FMT_S16LE, AE_FMT_S32NEP, AE_FMT_FLOATP)
(others are explained here)

Is it possible that my (almost) AVR doesn't support some of those?
How I can remove them manually (unset)
Nope. Totally unlikely.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Any news?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Tried to play those files from other pc (Ubuntu 16.04) through the same USB sound card and the result is the same.
(VLC with passthrough)

Went again through whole AVRs' manual.
Highlights:

Don't know what else can do...

How I can configure options like m_dataFormats, m_streamTypes?
You can't - it's totally useles to configure m_streamTypes this is just kodi internal, same as m_dataFormats. Kodi uses 16bit ALSA format (on your sink) to output AC3 and with the PI sink it users something PI specific all of those don't work for you. So I assume a bug in your AVR.

Here what about this 2 channel AC3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...hannel.ac3
Not even this one.
(2016-12-06, 22:05)markoweb Wrote: Tried to play those files from other pc (Ubuntu 16.04) through the same USB sound card and the result is the same.
(VLC with passthrough)

Can you clarify this statement.
Are you saying Ubuntu PC running VLC with USB sound card fails to work with AC3 passthrough?
(2016-12-08, 17:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 22:05)markoweb Wrote: Tried to play those files from other pc (Ubuntu 16.04) through the same USB sound card and the result is the same.
(VLC with passthrough)

Can you clarify this statement.
Are you saying Ubuntu PC running VLC with USB sound card fails to work with AC3 passthrough?

It was more or less prove of the fact that problem is in the AVR
I have an update:
I downloaded first file (Amaze) from here:
http://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/dolby-trailers/
converted it to mpeg
and burned it as a DVD-VIDEO.

That machine can play it with Dolby Digital!
But playing the same mpeg file through S/PDIF doesn't work.
Back in the game!

Straight connection between mac (build-in optical output) and AVR
(by mini 3.5 optical to S/PDIF cable)
works!
Successfully played some AC3 files by VLC (with enabled Passthroug option)
Not sure which role we play in this game ...
Can you output from MAC through HDMI to TV and then through optical to AVR?

It currently sounds like TV isn't forwarding AC3 passthrough, and an unrealated issue is the USB audio device also fails to support passthrough.

Also, back to the Pi, any differece with omxplayer enabled/disabled in video acceleration settings? That uses a different code path for encapsulating the passthrough data.

Also see this and try adding hdmi_audio_config=0x200 to config.txt.
I don't expect it to solve the issue, but it will stop the TV seeing audio as passthrough which could stop it messing it up.
Adding info about USB Sound Card,
it contains CM6206 chip (http://www.cmedia.com.tw/products/USB20_...EED/CM6206)
and that Passthrough on it doesn't work on other computers either.

Tried also on Ubuntu 16.04.
(While build-in HDA Intel CX20561 output works)
(2016-12-10, 14:15)popcornmix Wrote: Can you output from MAC through HDMI to TV and then through optical to AVR?

It currently sounds like TV isn't forwarding AC3 passthrough, and an unrealated issue is the USB audio device also fails to support passthrough.

Also, back to the Pi, any differece with omxplayer enabled/disabled in video acceleration settings? That uses a different code path for encapsulating the passthrough data.

Also see this and try adding hdmi_audio_config=0x200 to config.txt.
I don't expect it to solve the issue, but it will stop the TV seeing audio as passthrough which could stop it messing it up.

For HDMI output I don't have a Passthroug option on mac (Encoded Digital Audio) Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AC3 passthrough problem0