Sony TV keeps disconnecting the remote -Krypton only
Hello

I have been using Jarvis on my Tv which is a Sony running Marshmallow. I haven't had any issues, running beautifully Smile

I have installed Krypton Beta6 the other day. Now If the remote is not in use (TV remote) for few minutes i get a Kodi system message: Device removed
If i push a button another message pops up : New device configured.
See screenshots below
And it goes on and on .... and it's extremely annoying, especially because it beeps every time

Is there something i can do to disable this behavior? As i mentioned it never happened on Jarvis
If someone can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Android seems to be telling Kodi that the remote is removed when it hasn't been used in a while. This is the first time I've heard about an OS that lies about which devices are attached... I guess I could add a setting to disable device notifications.
Sony remotes are combined IR + Bluetooth Smart for voice. I suppose that the TV is powering down Bluetooth which leads to the disconnect.
Thank you for your feedback!

I have disabled the sounds for the time being and i got used with the message.It is not huge, it's a small banner in the upper left corner Smile
I thought my settings were off or the remote was acting up.Now that i know it's nothing like that i am ok! Angel
Will wait for an update and see if it's getting fixed sometimes.

Thank you again

Cheers!
Submitted PR to master: PR11065

I'll backport this to Jarvis if it's accepted.

Quote:A user has reported that a Sony TV running Marshmallow 6.0 continuously connects/disconnects the remote (probably due to the bluetooth bus powering down). As I can't think of any way to detect this, I've added a setting to manually disable the notifications.
It also happens on mine with Lollipop.

The label of the setting is probably not quite right as it also notifies on a disconnect.
What label would you use? "Notify when devices are connected or disconnected" is too long, especially in german
I just recognized that there is a detailed description anyway. So probably the following is enough for the label:

"Notify on device events"

"Benachrichtigung bei Geräteereignissen"

But it is good the way it is anyway. No point in discussing that. Sorry for bringing it up.
* Koying wonders why a remote is advertising itself as a joystick in the first place...

Is there anything special to it? With my 2015 sony, there was a "plain" ir remote and a "touchpad" one.
Which one are we talking about? Or is it a new one?
This is a new one. Sony abandoned the One-Flick remote ("touchpad") for the 2016 models and merged voice functionality into the big one. That is why the new one is a combined IR + Bluetooth Smart remote. The Bluetooth Smart part is what is announced I suppose. Why as joystick I don't know. It probably also has gyroscope and stuff inside. And I think this part is being suspended after several seconds of inactivity on the remote in order to save battery, hence the frequent device events. Button presses however are transmitted via IR as far as I know and only voice is transmitted over Bluetooth.
@garbear asked for a log on github, so here it is. I contains connect and disconnect events.
The VID/PID is 054C:0B91, the device name is "SONY TV RC MIC 001", it has 11 buttons, 0 hats and 0 axes, and log says something about axis 32 being ignored. @Koying suggested ignoring devices with only buttons, but that breaks NES, SNES and Genesis controllers. Maybe we could blacklist the device name?
If you want, you can try opening the Controller configuration utility and try mapping the remote. Only devices that Kodi detects as joysticks can be mapped, and once they're mapped they should be able to control Kodi. Not sure what'll happen, maybe each action will be sent twice, or the entire device will explode in a big mushroom cloud Smile
PR still seems to be pending. So what's the status? These connect/disconnect events are really annoying.
Got distracted by RL. I plan to replace the open PR with one that blacklists the name "SONY TV RC MIC 001"

EDIT: PR11162

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony TV keeps disconnecting the remote -Krypton only0