v17 Webinterface issues
Hello,

I have encountered a very odd behaviour regarding the webinterface. I have enabled all the settings like allow HTTP access etc, set a user and a password.
Portforwarding on my router as well as a static address for my device.

Everything works as expected, i can access my kodi box within my network and control everything via the webinterface.
Now if i access my kodi box from outside my network i get access to the webinterface but can´t control anything. So non of the commands are beeing recognized and i can´t get any information of the box like what is currently playing or the media library.

I am out of ideas and hope that someone here can help me with this issue.
Thank you in advance.
it's not a good idea to make it possible to connect to your Kodi from outside your network. from security standpoint it's not recommended. if you wish to do that, i would rather do it over vpn or a SSH-Portforward. with this, you problem might be none anymore anyway.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
I have allready found out what the problem is. My provider is only providing IPv6 adresses and therefore my portforwarding was not reachable trough a normal IPv4 request.
But i got this solved now, so thats fine.
ok nice for you, but still then, consider my advise. Kodi is quite an unsecure piece of software when you have direct access from the internet. long story short: you could loose the data on that pc, and your network can be breached. i think it's save to say, that vpn is considered standard for such a scenario. or as an option port tunneling through ssh.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Thank you for the advise, It was to test the Alexa Echo Skill with Kodi. Just a nice festure to have and i will see if it works or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webinterface issues0