• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drswe Offline
can not see my photos taken in RAW format
find quote
CiNcH Offline
Fan
See Krypton changelog:
Code:
Removed support for RAW image decoding (with removal of CxImage as FFmpeg do not support RAW)

Sony BRAVIA 2015 (FW V3.865 / Android TV 6.0.1) | DVBViewer Media Server 2.0
find quote
drswe Offline
okay then you can not update to krypton because I only Photograph of raw
find quote
himisk71 Offline
(2016-12-05 09:43)CiNcH Wrote:  See Krypton changelog:
Code:
Removed support for RAW image decoding (with removal of CxImage as FFmpeg do not support RAW)

Confused
find quote
ironic_monkey Offline
Posting Freak
i tried to hinder this regression but my code was "ignored" sadly.
find quote
fritsch Online
Team-Kodi Developer
(2016-12-06 13:37)ironic_monkey Wrote:  i tried to hinder this regression but my code was "ignored" sadly.

I interpreted that differently back at that time: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9918 (Edit: More precisely this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8583 ) I think we discussed and decided some more work needs to happend so that we can support generic image addons. So my conclusion was: the addon way is the way to go and in order to properly support that, we need to provide an interface for image scaling.

"Your most vocal users are not reflective of your userbase" J.M.
"Of course, they [XP Users and people with outdated hardware] need to tell the world about the kind of hero they are, and block innovation for everyone else because their decades old OS / hardware needs to work =p" nevcairiel (ffmpeg)
No Debug Log no issue.
(This post was last modified: 2016-12-06 23:19 by fritsch.)
find quote
ironic_monkey Offline
Posting Freak
right, i understood the actions as dismissal since nobody ever commented on my image addons at all when i opened the pr. it now seems i have confused myself, the pr was opened against retroplayer on request, and it's over there it went to die, https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/pull/47

i'd have to redo that header, it's nowhere to be found any more :/
find quote
fritsch Online
Team-Kodi Developer
I have high interest in bringing that back! Please PR against master and we can discuss open things (if there are any).

Edit: Looking at the code it's nice, really nice (as I have expected). Perhaps we can only check the addons if our internal available FFmpegPicture can't display it. Then could save us a bit of load / time when searching through all the addons available. As I see FCFS is used to determine the imageclass anyways I think that would be good?

Or do you see a usecase where we want to give some external imageaddon priority for formats that are supported internally, too?

"Of course, they [XP Users and people with outdated hardware] need to tell the world about the kind of hero they are, and block innovation for everyone else because their decades old OS / hardware needs to work =p" nevcairiel (ffmpeg)
No Debug Log no issue.
(This post was last modified: 2016-12-07 11:40 by fritsch.)
find quote
ironic_monkey Offline
Posting Freak
yeah, it was written before the ffmpeg stuff hit mainline, so priority and such is probably not sane.

that being said, however, i think we should always prioritize externals. if you want to use libpng i'm not about to stop you, same for libjpeg(turbo) or the likes. and that would be impossible should we prioritize internal. we just need to cache that list to make the checks faster.
(This post was last modified: 2016-12-07 11:47 by ironic_monkey.)
find quote
fritsch Online
Team-Kodi Developer
Jep, that's a good point. If user installs addons, he wants to use them.

No Debug Log no issue.
find quote
ironic_monkey Offline
Posting Freak
pr opened https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11086
find quote
ironic_monkey Offline
Posting Freak
it's now in a mergeable state. i have tested .cr2, .nef and .arw (just some samples from rawsamples.ch so your mileage may vary).
find quote
fritsch Online
Team-Kodi Developer
Thanks very much. Besides one minor question all fine with me.

No Debug Log no issue.
find quote
alexson2015 Offline
Banned
Install raw software to supported raw format very well.
find quote
nerto Offline
Is there any version for testing?

Sorry for my bad englisch :(
find quote