Win Installing Kodi over working NextPVR
I am using the latest version of NextPVR, on a custom built I5 Windows 10 X64 platform. It has two Quad Hauppauge turners, and remote control using the Hauppauge credit card remote. I am thinking about installing Kodi and maybe Exodus, and using a VPN service.

My Question is: Can I install Kodi and it see my nextPVR installation, without it messing up my nextPVR installation. Is there any gotha's or pitfalls. What is the best way to go about doing this. Which version of Kodi would be best to do this with.

Thanks
Tom
Kodi and NextPVR are totally independent of each other. If you install Kodi, it wont break your NextPVR install.
Thanks Sub 3
Can I link Kodi to my NextPVR, I see youtube videos to do this, but it looks like it then downloads and installs the nextPvr. Is there a way to tell it to just use my nextPVR?
It doesn't download NextPVR, or change your NextPVR install. You just enable the NextPVR addon which is already included with Kodi, and tell it the IP address and pin number (which can just be the defaults if NextPVR is on the same machine).
(2016-12-05, 13:21)thomashilton1 Wrote: I am thinking about installing Kodi and maybe Exodus, and using a VPN service.

Thanks
Tom

Please review the forum rules regarding http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons you agreed to when you signed up. We don't want to know about this and certainly will not provide any support. I realise that it is not the main question you have asked but still, we don't allow discussion of banned add-ons in any context other than concerning their removal.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I cannot get Kodi to see the NextPVR backend. Here is the captured images of what I have.
Here is a hyperlink to the zip file containing the images. http://www.gemini-2.com/kodi_capture.zip

I wish there was a way to upload the file containing these images.

I really don't know what I am doing wrong, or right for that matter.
Please help.

PS. The nextPVR is the latest version and works great on this computer that I an trying to install
Kodi on.
It wont be anything wrong with Kodi or NextPVR. It'll be your VPN getting in the way of Kodi trying to connect to NextPVR.
OK?? VPN setting?? Both are on the same computer in the same C:\Program Files (x86) folder. One is C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR and the other is C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi.
This is a Win 10 X64 Pro computer. There is no email or other services on it. So where would I find VPN settings. It is using the Win10 Defender for virus checking.
I am now totally lost.
I found VPN in windows 10 setting. There is no VPM connection added. Under Advanced Options, Allow VPN over metered networks is ON, Allow VPN while roaming is ON.
I have no idea what these setting do, Win 10 set them.
I thought you said you were using a VPN in your original post? These often cause issues when youre trying to connect to other machines on your network.
If you're not using a VPN, post the kodi.log (with debug logging enabled), and the NextPVR logs, and we'll take a look.
For now, I uninstalled Ver 17 - 6 and installed Version 16 latest version and it works fine now. Should I try installing the Ver 17 over the top of Ver 16 and see it that works?
Sorry I did this before I saw the message with the Kodi.log. How do I enable debut logging. Is there a way to upload logs to this forum? I see no means to do that.
If 16 is working for you, then personally, I'd stick with that.

Read this link debug log (wiki) which explains how to turn on debugging and find the log. Note that the log shouldn't be uploaded here, but rather to a pastebin type site and the link to it posted here.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-12-07, 08:33)thomashilton1 Wrote: Sorry I did this before I saw the message with the Kodi.log. How do I enable debut logging. Is there a way to upload logs to this forum? I see no means to do that.
You can always post the question and logs over at the NextPVR forums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Kodi over working NextPVR0