Android Run a playlist from Kore
Hello,

I have a few typical noob's questions. I've connected a Kore app on my Android phone to a Kodi on a Windows laptop. It seems to be working but I'm still unable to do a few simple thingss. Namely:
- shuffle songs from my library - I can do it through Kodi but cannot find any function that would allow it in Kore,
- access playlists - my music menu in Kore is limited to Artists, Albums, Gernes, Songs, Music Videos. Any way to run a playlist without having to look at my computer screen?

Are these tasks even possible to perform through Kore or am I trying to do the impossible?
Thanks for all responses!
Hi,

That's not (yet) possible to do through Kore.
Hi,
This is really annoying.
Does anyone know another kodi-client app which would allow saving and retrieving playlists ? Kodi-stored playlists or local playlists stored on the phone eventually.
Or any extension which would allow to treate a playlist like a genre, or a big album, which could be retrieved as such on the kore-side...
Thanks.
For syncing my music from Linux to my android phone using my WiFi connection rather than USB (MTP) I recently switched to airsonic which makes my playlists available offline (including syncing the needed files to my android device).
Having this in kodi would be awesome because kodi has better usability and system integration than airsonics web interface.

The following issue should be the related feature request for the missing playlists view in kore:

https://github.com/xbmc/Kore/issues/122
Quote:https://go.discovery.com/playlists/naked...ly-exposed
This should work now.. at least it does for me (in the "now playing" screen)
Quote:- access playlists - my music menu in Kore is limited to Artists, Albums, Gernes, Songs, Music Videos. Any way to run a playlist without having to look at my computer screen?
I agree. It's a feature very lacking at the moment. One should be able to play a playlist that has been created in Kodi.

+1
(2020-06-16, 18:30)Ecip Wrote:
Quote:https://go.discovery.com/playlists/naked...ly-exposed
This should work now.. at least it does for me (in the "now playing" screen)
Quote:- access playlists - my music menu in Kore is limited to Artists, Albums, Gernes, Songs, Music Videos. Any way to run a playlist without having to look at my computer screen?
I agree. It's a feature very lacking at the moment. One should be able to play a playlist that has been created in Kodi.

+1
Hi, has there been made any progress on this? I just installed the Android app and was shocked that I can't retrieve the playlist I had created with the official iOS remote.
Hi, is there anything new on this issue? At present (Kore 2.5.3) I cannot see the playlists I generated on my Raspberry with Kodi....
+1

On this requirement

Want to use my Kodi server with a hifi amp to listen to music w/o needing to put on my TV screen.
KORE provides this in principle but lacks the playlist feature.
Thumbs Down 
Hi, is there anything new on this issue? At present (Kore 3.0.0) it looks as if the "historical" issue still persists.....
[font][font]Bonjour, y a-t-il des nouvelles à ce sujet ?[/font][/font]
I think the challenge for the app is that the playlists are saved locally let's say you are using Windows. So they are saved on your userdata/playlists folder there and they aren't part of Kodi database unlike other media. then to make playlists available, some design change need to be done in Kodi.

You can work around that by transfer your playlists to your phone making sure that the phone has access to where the media is stored then you can play them as you please from any media player. the down side is that you need to copy the playlist again to your phone whenever you make changes to it from your kodi in Windows

nordicguy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Run a playlist from Kore0