• 3(current)
v17 Pellucid [Kodi Krypton]
Hi Mcflai,

Not at the moment - the views are fixed. However, I am looking to see whether I can make it so that certain types of playlists (e.g. movies) are presented in the poster view format if the playlist items are in the users library. If it works, it will be included in the next update.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
thedeadman something I am really missing during playback that others skins have. The time (HH:MM) when the video will end....
Outstanding work! Love the Spotlight feature. Only missing two features (unless I've overlooked something) to make it my default:

1. No volume control during play (?).

2. Would love a Party Mode option in the Music section (similar to fTV skin and others).
@emanon5302: Thanks!

Party mode can be added easily enough using the menu customisation function. Just push left a couple of times in the music section to bring up the context menu, pick 'edit menu items' and away you go. Party mode is under 'common'. I may add it as a default item later on.

As for volume control, i'm not sure any skin has such a thing?

@Doggzipp: I'll have a look and see if I can add that for you.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2017-02-05, 23:20)thedeadman Wrote:
Quote:I am watching some pictures, and I press exit/stop. I should expect to go back to the pictures folder I was in before I selected to view a picture.

Cheers - found it and fixed it.

1.05 soon then?
(2017-02-08, 22:17)thedeadman Wrote: @emanon5302: Thanks!

Party mode can be added easily enough using the menu customisation function. Just push left a couple of times in the music section to bring up the context menu, pick 'edit menu items' and away you go. Party mode is under 'common'. I may add it as a default item later on.

As for volume control, i'm not sure any skin has such a thing?

@Doggzipp: I'll have a look and see if I can add that for you.

Thanks for the quick response. Love the menu customization feature. In regards to volume control, I should have clarified to say the volume control works on keyboard, but not on Apple Remote by pressing up/down like on other skins.
Quote:1.05 soon then?
Pretty soon. You can get the latest code on my Github (see first post) if you want to test it out sooner.

Quote:the volume control works on keyboard, but not on Apple Remote by pressing up/down like on other skins

This is odd. Just to clarify - do you mean that the volume does not change when you use your Apple remote, or is it that the volume is changing, but the onscreen indicator doesn't appear? I'll have a look at other skins and see what's up. Typically, up-down is mapped to the video seek controls..
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2017-02-05, 23:20)thedeadman Wrote:
Quote:I am watching some pictures, and I press exit/stop. I should expect to go back to the pictures folder I was in before I selected to view a picture.

Cheers - found it and fixed it.

Seems much better now. But still the sidebar displays upon entering pitures. I have a Shortcut menu, that throws me directly into my pictures folder, but everytime I select it, the sidebar shows by default upon entering (instead of just appearing when I click "left").

Thanks BTW
thedeadman, I just installed 1.05 and found some problems.

If I edit the Pictures menu, and remove the only option (so it will go straight into pictures from the main menu with no sidebar popping out), it goes into pictures allright, but you can't move or do anything (only go back out). No way to select items or go into folders...

Also, I see picture browsing was improved, but if there'a video in the mix of pictures, and you view it, when you come back up, the sidebar pops up again.

I see you designed a new OSD, with end time (yay), but no clock/current time anymore... I guess its hard to balance stuff, and leave everything in...

Before, My "info" and "menu" button, brought different OSD's up... Now they bring the same one (the new one). Toggling menu button, shows and removes the OSD fine... Toggling info button, shows the new OSD, but doesn't make it go away (I have to press exit).

Thanks for your work!
@dogzipp,

Welcome to the world of work in progress :-) The latest Github code is pre-release, so expect the occasional gremlin. The next official release is likely to be 1.1.0

I'm still working to iron out the pictures section, bear with me on that one. It's proving a little trickier than I expected to cover all the various use cases.

The OSD redesign isn't quite done yet, and the clock will be included in the final version. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about the toggling issue you've encountered - that's a behaviour hard wired in Kodi's core code that I don't have access to as a skinner.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
@Doggzipp,

Give the latest code a try. That should fix your pictures menu problems.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2017-02-17, 13:25)thedeadman Wrote: Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about the toggling issue you've encountered - that's a behaviour hard wired in Kodi's core code that I don't have access to as a skinner.

Strangely the toggling worked on 1.04 (and works on other skins).

Pictures are ok now. Big Grin
I’m a long-time user of Maximinimalism. Finally, I upgraded to Kodi 17 and I could try out your new skin, Pellucid. I see a lot of elements from Maximinimalism, but I got to say that a skin with colours is a lot nicer. Great work all around!

That was my two stars, now for the questions: The on screen display which shows the “now playing information” seems misaligned to me. Its baseline doesn’t align with the other elements’ baselines. Have a look a the attached photos. They show this misalignment a lot better. Also, on the home screen the same one screen display also looks misaligned and doesn’t feel like it is integrated into the design.

I put in some red lines on the first image to show the baselines. Unfortunately, they are a bit hard to see.

Also, I have noticed some weird behaviour when I enter a sub-menu in settings such as Settings->Add-ons->My add-ons->Look and Feel. If I bring bring up the side menu by pressing left and then press back, the skin doesn’t exit the side menu. Instead, the skin moves one level up in the directory hierarchy with the with the transparent side menu still visible. What I expect is for the side menu to disappear on the first press of back button. Then, when the side menu is no longer in the way, subsequent presses should take me backwards back in the directory hierarchy.
Hey Solbero!

You've got eagle eyes. There's a 90% text safe margin before the baseline starts (so by rights it shouldn't really be there at all!), but I do agree the now playing thing is misaligned. Also, your attached photo shows a 2px misalignment between the album count and the date that I would never have spotted otherwise - cheers ;-)

The submenu onback problem... That is annoying.. I'll have a look and see what I can do to fix that before my next update.

Cheers, and nice to see a fellow Mars Volta fan.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
I enjoy sending you these user reports, thedeadman. It is nice to feel that you have made a small contribution to a great project.

I showed my post to my wife, and she had a suggestion. She really enjoys the new home screen, but the feels that the“now playing box” should not be boxed at all on the home screen. She said that just showing the information using white text would be better. She used word like ”it would make it more harmonious”. She also uses that word when we need some new pillows or something to match something else in our apartment, and she is usually in the right. Wink She also suggested that the text could be moved underneath the digital clock to not distract from the nice backgrounds.

I see her point, right now there is nothing pink on the home screen which the pink “now playing box” could tie into. However, if I open the side menu I think the pink box works since the side meny is also pink.

I do hope these suggestions aren’t intruding to much into you project. If you find them useful, I’ll continue to post suggestions from my wife and I.

PS: If you like Mars Volta you should look into the UK band Wolf People. I think you would enjoy their music.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pellucid [Kodi Krypton]2