• 8(current)
v17 Pellucid [Kodi Krypton]
Thanks Peconaut. The latest code on Github should also fix your menu problems (you'll need to reset them all to default after the update). Let me know if you still have problems.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2017-03-22, 21:03)thedeadman Wrote: @solbero: will see what I can do.

General users...

An alpha version of V1.2 is now on my Github. For those of you who have extensive artwork collections, I hope you like what i've got for you... Pull up the info on a movie or tvshow, then push left to browse.

(2017-03-23, 00:12)thedeadman Wrote: Thanks Peconaut. The latest code on Github should also fix your menu problems (you'll need to reset them all to default after the update). Let me know if you still have problems.

I updated it and everything is working perfectly. Thank for hard work and if I encounter any problems ill let you know
@Solbero: skip position indicator is included in the latest Github.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2017-03-15, 11:44)Silki Wrote: @thedeadman
Thanks ok .... I do love this skin just what Iv been looking for .. but ... I lilke the view types in "aeon nox silvo"
Your Spotlight view is similar ..... I'm going to try and have a "PLAY"
Any tips on tweaking these views ?
If I could simply move the video view down to the bottom of the screen to see the fanart so they were in a row I's be happy .... (SAD I know)
What do you use GUI wise or is the case of making a change in the XML and refreshing on KODI.
I have removed the odd element from views before but I assume a Viewtype is a big job?

Hey,
I love this skin sooo much but just as you, I am eagerly waiting for more viewtypes. So I was just wondering if you made any progress??

@thedeadman
I know you said viewtypes will never be an option.... But would you really not consider helping those people who really really desire the option for different viewtypes?(For me, all I need is a wall viewtype for my movies and shows... but it'd be nice to have the option for all my addons)
I love your skin too much to switch to any other that I've found up until now because it is so similar to an easy smart TV.
However, it really bothers me everytime to have to select a movie withouth a netflix feeling. When browsing for movies I just like to judge the movie by its cover, which is kind of hard right now with such small ion Sad Evenmore, most of the time I just prefere the look of the "wall" layout over the list layout.
Would you consider this suggestion:
You could keep your skin same as it is out of the box. So it will stil be the same for the default user.
However, for the people who really desire the different viewtypes, you could add "Enable viewtypes" in the General skin settings tab (or even hidden somewhere deeper). So that the people who are willing to make the effort will be rewarded with a little more custiomization?

I have already looked into changing the skin myself but unfortunately I just get lost in the maze of code lines.....
You would make me a really happy Pellucid user if you could implement this feature and I am sure there are many others who'd feel the same Smile

This message turned out to be kind of formal for a forum post XD Well I hope that shows how much I am craving this feature!!
I hope to hear from you!
@huberthoeve.

I had to make a quick edit to your post to remove the name of a banned addon that would have you and your post removed from the forum. (Mods: I did this because the poster makes valid points about addons in general) Please be careful what you post.

The short answer is unfortunately still 'no'. It might help you and others if I explain my reasoning:

From a skinners perspective, addons are a total mess. There is no common coding convention - each addon creator just does whatever works for them.
So let's say I allow video addons to use the poster view... Some addons work - great! Others are now completely unusable... So I add a button somewhere that says "use the list type" instead.. Still no go. Many addons have several option lists before you get to the content itself, so there's several layers of text lists presented as posters which looks ridiculous and is totally unusable. So now you're swapping back and forth between views constantly.

Maybe I can tell the skin to only use poster view when there's a poster? I tried that. Problem is that some addon creators decide to include posters for everything and other's don't - no consistency.

The remaining option is to make exceptions for specific addons, of which there are hundreds.

So in the end, I say "list view for all addons, it's the only way to be sure".
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
@thedeadman
Thank you for your clear answer and for the warning, I did not pay attention to mentioning things I shouldn't have while writing the post. Neither did I know addons were such a mess.
I greatly appreciate the work you do and hopefully someday there will be a way to implement this.

Would it be possible to have an option to make the list larger, so the icons/thumbnails get a little bigger?

While we are at it, I'd like to make another request but perhaps this might be as much trouble as the viewtypes....
Might be me, but I can't seem to find trailers for my local content on my hdd as well as online content from "certain" addons.
@huberthoeve: thanks. Things may improve as Kodi develops, I'll keep an eye on it.

You can find trailers for your local content from the item information screen ('i' on the keyboard).
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
...On the subject of the item information screen...

Version 1.2.0 is now at release candidate stage on my Github. Included in this update is a new 'media showcase' system that really shows off your extended art if you have it. ** No other skin does this ** Please do give it a spin and let me know what you think.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
I'd love to get to use all my extra art! The extended art feature is only working for me under TV Shows Seasons level of browsing. It does not display any extra art when browsing movies or TV Shows. Also, it'd be great if the art would transition at the same time when the previous background has faded out, instead of immediately after the fade out making for a sort of awkward transition. This is just me nit picking of course.
(2017-03-16, 17:36)thedeadman Wrote: No worries:

I'm not sure of your setup or experience with Kodi's innards, but you'll need to find where skin.pellucid is located on your system. On a Mac, it's ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/Addons.

Anyway, once you're there, you need to replace the file skin.pellucid/1080i/custom_recentContent.xml with this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/owch1w5wrxbvml...t.xml?dl=0

Keep a copy of this file handy - it may get overwritten as and when I push future updates to the skin.

Can you make this available again? I seem to have lost the file.
@wex101:

The fanart view is available on the movie and tvshow info screens (hit 'i' on your keyboard. You'll want to map this to your remote if you don't have it already - it's an essential feature).

I didn't see much utility in cycling fanart on the movie listing as most of the images are hidden behind the posters. I can't cycle them on the spotlight section for technical reasons.

I hope the syncing issue is not too distracting. Unfortunately there is no perfect way of timing the transitions as the animation timers and the image cycler operate as separate processes that cannot be linked perfectly. I'll continue to tweak it, but the sync will always tend towards disintegration without changes to Kodi's core code. Just one of those things.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2017-03-22, 06:32)SupImDos Wrote: Managed to get the Maxi modification working. Still a few bugs to iron out with opening the Video Library and Music Library, but other than that, exactly what I wanted. Thanks for the help!

I love this! Would you mind sharing the code?
(2017-03-28, 19:25)thedeadman Wrote: @wex101:

The fanart view is available on the movie and tvshow info screens (hit 'i' on your keyboard. You'll want to map this to your remote if you don't have it already - it's an essential feature).

I didn't see much utility in cycling fanart on the movie listing as most of the images are hidden behind the posters. I can't cycle them on the spotlight section for technical reasons.

I hope the syncing issue is not too distracting. Unfortunately there is no perfect way of timing the transitions as the animation timers and the image cycler operate as separate processes that cannot be linked perfectly. I'll continue to tweak it, but the sync will always tend towards disintegration without changes to Kodi's core code. Just one of those things.

Hmm for some reason that xml document didn't change anything in the spotlight section for me.
Quote:that xml document didn't change anything in the spotlight section for me

Sorry - I must have linked the wrong one. Here's what you need to do:

In custom_recentContent.xml, find:

Code:
<label>special://skin/extras/playlists/inprogressTVShows.xsp</label>
<property name="textTitle">31127</property>

Replace with:

Code:
<label>plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=next&mediatype=episodes&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]</label>
<property name="textTitle">Next Up Episodes</property>
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
I can't get to the channellist from live tv. How to do this?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pellucid [Kodi Krypton]2