Bug Completed recordings are missing some epg data
I have been testing the Tvheadend backend on my Raspberry Pi 2.

I noticed that some of the guide data is missing from completed recordings. I took two screenshots from the same program (Atlanta - S01E03).

The first screenshot is from the program guide info menu and it shows all the data.

The second screenshot is from the recordings info menu and it is missing the genre information and season/episode numbers.

Tvheadend version is 4.1.2309 and LibreElec is 7.90.008.

The bug might be Tvheadend specific because when I use DVBViewer Recording service the genre information stays with recordings. DVBViewer doesn't support season/episode numbering.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
I tested the Leia nightly build on my Windows 10 computer and I noticed some improvement in this issue. Now all the recordings have the genre information intact, but still season and episode numbers are missing. I'd like to know if anyone has them working on Tvheadend or any other backend with Kodi Krypton or Leia. Is this something that is even supposed to be working or does Kodi Tvheadend addon just not support importing this info?

Kodi version: KodiSetup-20170910-2b5725cbfc-master-x86
Tvheadend version: 4.2.3-20 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.2.112

Couple of more screenshots to illustrate the issue:

Guide info

Recording info
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
I believe this is a problem with the pvr.hts addon. Last time I checked it did not send the season/episode information to Kodi for recordings. I haven't looked at the L sources, but I imagine it just hasn't been implemented.

(The feature I'd really like to see brought forward is support for showing proper duration and not stopping when seeking beyond "now" or the live point in recordings-in-progress. Has this been implemented yet?)
(2017-09-16, 23:46)rpcameron Wrote: I believe this is a problem with the pvr.hts addon. Last time I checked it did not send the season/episode information to Kodi for recordings. I haven't looked at the L sources, but I imagine it just hasn't been implemented.

(The feature I'd really like to see brought forward is support for showing proper duration and not stopping when seeking beyond "now" or the live point in recordings-in-progress. Has this been implemented yet?)

Thanks for the information.

Video playback behavior is still the same. When the progress bar reaches the "end" of the recording, duration starts growing with small increments and video still plays. If you jump too far forward the playback stops.
(2017-09-16, 23:46)rpcameron Wrote: I believe this is a problem with the pvr.hts addon. Last time I checked it did not send the season/episode information to Kodi for recordings. I haven't looked at the L sources, but I imagine it just hasn't been implemented.

pvr.hts cannot implement this currently, as tvheadend does not send season and episode along with dvr entries. And this is not a bug in tvheadend but a missing feature. HTSP needs to be extended to support episode and season for dvr entries, then pvr.hts can implement this. So, you could open a feature request for tvheadend and I will be happy to extend pvr.hts once tvheadend offers the missing functionality.
(2017-09-17, 19:06)ksooo Wrote:

pvr.hts cannot implement this currently, as tvheadend does not send season and episode along with dvr entries. And this is not a bug in tvheadend but a missing feature. HTSP needs to be extended to support episode and season for dvr entries, then pvr.hts can implement this. So, you could open a feature request for tvheadend and I will be happy to extend pvr.hts once tvheadend offers the missing functionality.

Thanks for the information. I'd been too lazy to actually track the source of lack of information. I assume this also extends to image for the episode as well ...

Are there other missing items in HTSP with regard to DVR or features Kodi makes use of but Tvheadend does not expose? Might be nice to lump them all together for a single issue to file, and perhaps a single PR.
(2017-09-17, 19:39)rpcameron Wrote:

Thanks for the information. I'd been too lazy to actually track the source of lack of information. I assume this also extends to image for the episode as well ...

Are there other missing items in HTSP with regard to DVR or features Kodi makes use of but Tvheadend does not expose? Might be nice to lump them all together for a single issue to file, and perhaps a single PR.

Don't know, sorry. Would have to crawl through the code to find out. Feel free to investigate yourself. ;-)

Hmm. Requested, but already implemented?
https://tvheadend.org/issues/4604#change-23434
(2017-09-18, 16:10)diddle Wrote:

Hmm. Requested, but already implemented?
https://tvheadend.org/issues/4604#change-23434

Sure. You requested to extend epg data. That's wrong, because, as the tvh guy wrote this is already implemented. As I wrote, dvr entries must be extended.
Hmm, just noticed that the Andrtoid app TVHClient shows the episode info for recordings...

And from tvh's source it looks like the "episode" is filled also for dvr entires?
https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/b...ver.c#L992

Cheers,
Diddle.
Same problem Herr with tvheadend 4.2 and missing Season Episode in Recording only with Leia nightly 20.12.

Any News ?
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
Client: Kodi Leia on Shield 16GB Client: RP2 Libreelec Kodi Leia
Open a ticket for tvheadend, please. Once tvh supports it I can add the feature to the Kodi tvheadend add-on.
(2017-12-22, 17:07)ksooo Wrote: Open a ticket for tvheadend, please. Once tvh supports it I can add the feature to the Kodi tvheadend add-on.
 I already did and the ticket was closed with some "it's already implemented" comment. Maybe we are missing something here. Smile
(2017-12-22, 17:11)diddle Wrote:
(2017-12-22, 17:07)ksooo Wrote: Open a ticket for tvheadend, please. Once tvh supports it I can add the feature to the Kodi tvheadend add-on.
 I already did and the ticket was closed with some "it's already implemented" comment. Maybe we are missing something here. Smile

I already explained in this thread that you requested the wrong feature and what actually is missing.
OK, 2nd trial. Smile
https://tvheadend.org/issues/4811

Was still waiting for an idea, why Android app TVHClient has no problem to show the episode info for recordings... but let's see what happens now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Completed recordings are missing some epg data0