[GUIDE] VPN Manager for OpenElec Kodi Guide on Raspberry Pi 3, 2, 1, or Zero

How To Install VPN Manager for OpenElec Kodi on Raspberry Pi 3, 2, 1, or Zero

After trying a few different add-ons and not feeling satisfied, I came across VPN Manager. This add-on will allow you to choose from a long list of different VPN providers including PIA which I use. The video above is one I created that is no mucking around step-by-step how to for those who are more visual.

Assuming you have already installed OpenElec 6.95.3, the steps below will work with this version. Previous versions have been know to not include OpenVPN which is the back bone of making VPN Manager work.

What You Will Need

VPN Providers Supported
  • AirVPN
  • BTGuard
  • Celo
  • CyberGhost
  • ExpressVPN
  • HMA
  • HideIPVPN
  • HideMe
  • IPVanish
  • IVPN
  • LimeVPN
  • LiquidVPN
  • NordVPN
  • PIA
  • PerfectPrivacy
  • PureVPN
  • RA4WVPN
  • SaferVPN
  • SecureVPN
  • TorGuard
  • TotalVPN
  • VPN.ht
  • VPNSecure
  • VPNUnlimited
  • VyprVPN
  • WiTopia
  • ibVPN
  • proXPN
  • tigerVPN

Step-By-Step Setup

1. Download the Zomboided Repository for Kodi
  2. Navigate in Windows (That's what I used for this tutorial) to your Raspberry Pi's IP Address.
  3. Copy the freshly downloaded Zomboided Repository ZIP file to the Raspberry Pi's Downloads folder.
  4. On the Raspberry Pi, go to System, then Settings, then Add-Ons.
  5. Choose Install from ZIP and navigate to the Downloads folder (Home/Downloads)
  6. Once installed, go to the Install from Repository option in Add-Ons.
  7. Under Zomboided Repository, then Services, choose VPN Manager and Install
  8. Go back to the main Kodi screen and go to Programs.
  9. Choose VPN Manager and then Add-on Settings.
  10. Select Wizard. Choose your VPN Service and then input you Username and Password.
  11. Choose your Encryption Level, then the Profile or VPN you wish to use and you are done!

I'm going to be testing this with LibreElec on the Raspberry Pi also just to make sure it works the same.
As for Kodi 17 and Kodi 18, these two are on my list to check for compatibility.
This is my first post here so if you like this post, I'll try and do some more like this Smile
Works fine on libreelec, have used it for a while now
Thanks for this going to try it on OSMC. Is there a killswitch option?
No killswitch as such but it can continually check for connection to limit exposure.
Another great feature is the ease of which you can map a remote press to start/stop/cycle VPN connections

Developer is really approachable. He had my supplier working inside of a day after getting in touch with him on the openelec forum...
After reading through his GitHub pages, he seems to be right on top of it all Smile
I tried a few different methods and repositories and I just wasn't happy with them.
After playing around with Zomboided's VPN Manager, I could see how much thought had been put into it.
Even the ability to check that the VPN was running was a welcome sight.
I've not seen any major sites plugging his add-on either which is a shame.
So far here are top 5 fast VPN service to choose
@TechWizTime - please read the forum rules (wiki) and the banned add-ons (wiki) and repos list.

It would be in your interest to avoid referencing stuff on the list.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-12-10, 08:00)DarrenHill Wrote: @TechWizTime - please read the forum rules (wiki) and the banned add-ons (wiki) and repos list.

It would be in your interest to avoid referencing stuff on the list.

Removed reference of the repository mentioned in my reply.
has anyone setup expressvpn on this? 2 hours later and i still cannot get it working.

thanks in advance
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
I am using NordVPN and its working fine with Kodi. Easy to setup and install.
[REMOVED]
Here is simple guide to setup Kodi on Windows and Mac and how you can add channels on Kodi.
Will this work on libreelec? I`v tried this kodi vpn guide for openelec and its working.
(2017-01-24, 23:10)sinsua Wrote: I am using NordVPN and its working fine with Kodi. Easy to setup and install.
[REMOVED]
Here is simple guide to setup Kodi on Windows and Mac and how you can add channels on Kodi.

The link you included has a tutorial on how to install add-ons that promtoes piracy, so it has been removed.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
You forgot to mention https://www.ivacy.com/kodi-vpn/ it is also supported by VPN Manager and it has its own addon too.
(2017-01-30, 20:52)Dangelus Wrote:
(2017-01-24, 23:10)sinsua Wrote: I am using NordVPN and its working fine with Kodi. Easy to setup and install.
[REMOVED]

The link you included has a tutorial on how to install add-ons that promtoes piracy, so it has been removed.

The OP's youtube channel promotes banned addons as well btw.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GUIDE] VPN Manager for OpenElec Kodi Guide on Raspberry Pi 3, 2, 1, or Zero0