Pre-configured VM ready to build SPMC APK
Hello guys,
I've been struggling for some time to build KODI on my own. After I succeeded I've realised that I actually need SPMC (because Koying implemented there easy way of rebranding using version.txt file). And I cannot make it work - I'm stuck on step regarding dependencies build...

So my question is:
1. Do you have ready VM which has all dependencies built and the only thing you need to do is "make apk"?
2. Could someone that has complete environment build me a version with provided package? I'm not going to sell it / promote under different name (everyone will know that it's Kodi anyways ;D). I just need to test something out on Sony Android TV - after I succeed I will explain everything Smile

@Koying: maybe you could spend a couple of minutes and build it for me? I'll share with you my findings regarding Sony Android TV. Maybe together we could make owners happy and provide them what Sony can't / don't want to: 24p and 3D switch Smile
how about you start to explain it first cause i do not like that attitude "i won't share if you don't help me".
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Build what? A SPMC apk? There are releases...
Anyway, the Kodi forum is not the place to discuss SPMC
Ok. So I found out that some applications on Sony TV are recognized as "Application (Video)" and some just as "Application". Exemplary applications that fall in the first group are YouTube, Netflix, Sony build-in video app and they have something in common: playback is smooth, there is possibility to control 3D settings and to turn on 24p. Applications that are recognized as just "Application" don't have these options and to be honest the playback is much worse (I can observe juddering which I can't see after connecting e.g. Intel Stick with Kodi in 24p mode).

I started digging and found some Sony APK responsible for Picture mode controlling. There, in resources, I found some arrays that lists some packages and assigns application type to them. And it confirms what I've said earlier: Netflix, YouTube & Sony app (and some others) are tagged as video applications. As it is probably not possible to override this application, my idea was to build KODI / SPMC with one of package names defined in that array. Then I could install it on TV and see if it recognizes "new KODI" as Video application, whether I can control 3D / 24p and what is the most important: if there is any improvement in playback smothness.

Sorry I didn't share it at the first place... I just don't want them to see it and block it somehow (them I mean Sony Tongue)

@Koying: yes, SPMC or Kodi with different package. The explanation is above.
You can't use the package name of another application, especially built-in ones.
You can show me anytime how you get 24p or 3D in Netflix or Youtube, you'll get bonus points Wink

The Sony video application uses private API's and is a system app, so obviously can do a lot more than Kodi or any "standard" app...
Sony can suck it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
But I don't want to use package name of application that is already installed / build-in. There are lots of package names listed that are not installed on TV and I wanted to use one of them. Interesting fact is that one of them is not even any existing application... (or I just could not find it anywhere). Maybe Sony did it to release some app in the future so that they won't have to release TV update as well ;D

Myabe it's not 24p, but YouTube works perfect on this TV. I really can't complain, it plays really smooth. So does Netflix.

Confirmation that 24p & 3D switches are enabled for Video apps (Menu is in polish, sorry for that ;D)
http://imgur.com/a/PCZhJ

And just to be clear: I really don't know if it's gonna work... Probably I'm going to spend another day (with no success) and that is why I'm asking for you help.
IIRC, I already tried some trick to have the 3D menu selectable.
You can click on it, but nothing happen.

BTW, on Sony TV (or Phillips), leave only Mediacodec(Surface) on. Far better image/smoothness...
Ok. I'll try by myself then. I'll let you know about results.
Hi guys, it's me again Wink I've successfully built dependencies but found another issue.

After executing "make" (the one before "make apk") I got this error:
Code:
make -C xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports wrapper.def
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pawel/kodi-android/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports'
make[1]: 'wrapper.def' is up to date.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pawel/kodi-android/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports'
make -C lib/libdvd
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pawel/kodi-android/lib/libdvd'
make -C libdvdcss
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/pawel/kodi-android/lib/libdvd/libdvdcss'
make[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pawel/kodi-android/lib/libdvd/libdvdcss'
Makefile:71: recipe for target 'libdvdcss' failed
make[1]: *** [libdvdcss] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pawel/kodi-android/lib/libdvd'
Makefile:341: recipe for target 'dvdpcodecs' failed
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2

Could you help me with this? I was never so close.
Did you do "make -C tools/depend/target/xbmc" ?
Yes, I did.
Here's the output
Code:
KodiSony Configuration:
------------------------
  KodiSony Version:    16.5-2
  git Rev.:    20161209-2e8bbf4
Shared lib    Yes
  Debugging:    Yes
  Profiling:    No
  Optimization:    Yes
  SWIG Available:    Yes
  JRE Available:    Yes
  Doxygen Available:    No
  Crosscomp.:    Yes
  Native Root:    /opt/xbmc-depends/x86_64-linux-gnu-native
  target ARCH:    arm
  target CPU:    cortex-a9
  OpenGLES:    Yes
  ALSA:        No
  DBUS:        No
  VDPAU:    No
  VAAPI:    No
  VTBDecoder:    No
  OpenMax:    No
  Joystick:    No
  Touch skin:    Yes
  X11:        No
  Wayland:    No
  Bluray:    Yes
  TexturePacker:Yes
  MID Support:    No
  ccache:    No
  ALSA Support:    No
  PulseAudio:    No
  DVDCSS:    Yes
  Google Test Framework Configured:    Yes
  Google Breakpad Configured:    No
  Avahi:    No
  mDNSEmbedded:    Yes
  Non-free:    Yes
  ASAP Codec:    No
  MySQL:    Yes
  Webserver:    Yes
  libssh support:    Yes
  libRTMP support:    Yes
  libsmbclient support:    Yes
  libnfs client support:Yes
  libgif support:    Yes
  AirPlay support:    Yes
  AirTunes support (libshairplay):    Yes
  UPnP support:        Yes
  Optical drive:    No
  libudev support:    No
  libusb support:    No
  libcec support:    No
  libcap support:    No
  additional players:    No
  additional codecs:    Yes, amcodec
  prefix:    /opt/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-21
Yeah, the do "make" and it should build
I did everything from the scratch and it worked Wink

I had just a few minutes to test, here are my findings so far:
1. Kodi is recognized as Application (Video)
2. 3D switch works and allows to choose SBS or UP / DOWN.
3. I was able to set input mode as "Auto (24p), however smothness is similar to original Kodi (I will test will refresh rate switching, different acceleration settings etc.)
(2016-12-11, 17:23)pavel_pl Wrote: 2. 3D switch works and allows to choose SBS or UP / DOWN.

That's good. Congrats.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-configured VM ready to build SPMC APK1