Can't select widgets (Netflix v2)
When i create tv show widgets from the homescreen layout using the netflix layout v2 style, I can't click on them. Pressing enter does nothing but if I create a widget using configure shortcuts and switch to another layout like vertical layout homescreen for example, it works perfectly.

Edit: Just checked out a few more skins and almost all does this. It doesn't even matter if its my local library or stream.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause? I'm using kodi 17 beta 6 from the windows store and also on android.

(P.s) Would also like to point out that when using touch mode and windows 10 compact mode together, the menu and power button icons on the left are always visible.
I am having the same issue. Ever find out how to make it work?
Please switch (temporary) to the beta version of the skin and let me know if it's fixed. Also, please describe how you created tvshow widgets because the skin's helper addons provide a whole bunch of ready to use tvshows/erpisodes widgets.

Offcourse that will only work with library content, other content will most probably violate the forum rules and will not be supported here.
Having the same issue, no matter what addon i use for tv shows none of the tv shows will play anything in widget.
(2016-12-19, 00:51)marcelveldt Wrote: Please switch (temporary) to the beta version of the skin and let me know if it's fixed. Also, please describe how you created tvshow widgets because the skin's helper addons provide a whole bunch of ready to use tvshows/erpisodes widgets.

Offcourse that will only work with library content, other content will most probably violate the forum rules and will not be supported here.

Actually any links to ANY video addon doesn't work on widgets for netflix v2.

(Confirmed on beta and 12-19 nightly build)
With the beta version of the skin on my beta repo?
(2016-12-09, 22:44)EvolutionXIII Wrote: When i create tv show widgets from the homescreen layout using the netflix layout v2 style, I can't click on them. Pressing enter does nothing but if I create a widget using configure shortcuts and switch to another layout like vertical layout homescreen for example, it works perfectly.

Edit: Just checked out a few more skins and almost all does this. It doesn't even matter if its my local library or stream.

Hi all,

first of all thankyou for the wonderful skin.

I wonder if i am having a similar issue. When using all other themes apart from the Netflix ones rolling over the sidebar menu items brings up the sub page (eg: 4 widgets) and clicking it gives the associated action. With the hidden/popout menu in the Netflix themes rolling over the items does nothing.

Therefore the page i have built for that menu item (widgets etc) does not activate like it does with the other themes. The only action is to click it - which of course goes to the page related to the action not the page full of widgets.

I have tried this both in the current mainline release 3.6.78 and the beta 3.6.103. I have spent a bit of time trawling through the differences in the xml when Netflix theme is implemented for a HasFocus type event setting but i fear it may be a bit deeper than this. I do notice that the widget options are missing for the Shortcut item options when the theme is Netflix in 3.6.103 so there must be a reason for taking them out.

My intention is to have Netflix style subpages eg: Selecting (or rolling over Smile Genres from the main menu gives me browseable widgets on the sub page with the same look an feel. sort of like normal netflix. Maybe my only option is to build the subpages under one theme then hack in custom page open actions on the Click Action for the Netflix theme?

Can anyone help? thanks again.
Can you draw me a quick painting/mockup of what you need?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
i will try Wink
(2016-12-29, 09:11)marcelveldt Wrote: Can you draw me a quick painting/mockup of what you need?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

worked better with screen shots
https://mega.nz/#!kgATVAAJ!X3_pCj7BAEvpt...s5Fwtcq76s

So in short, whilst it’s great to have the widgets on the Netflix home page - 8 gets too many for several reasons mainly load. It would be nice to have sub pages with widgets for each context without the menu being there like the other vertical themes do. These themes show the widgets when the menu item is scrolled over (has focus) but with the netflix themes there is no action when the menu item is scrolled over.

Almost a best of both worlds Wink

thankyou for responding. No need to implement it if it doesnt make sense or use to others.

cheers and happy holidays
Thanks for the screenshots, I get your request now.
And you're in luck because that's exactly what I'm working on atm. Its the vertical layout combined with the Netflix layout.

This will be available in the skin later this week.

When I first introduced the Netflix layout it was kind of a hack. It uses the shortcuts implementation to show the rows.
I never realized that the Netflix layout was going to be such a success and now the workaround is biting me so I have to convert the layout into the proper shortcut--> widgets implementation.
thankyou Marcel.

i think the Square Submenu might also have some promise as the submenu usability is a little different with the netflix theme.
Hmm, yes. I can add that to the new theme too, no problem.
I'll let you know when I have something ready to test.
Hi Marcel, I came searching for a fix for this very same issue. Glad I'm not the only one and that you may have a fix for us. Any updates on this?
Once again thanks Marcel, wish I could code I would have done it Sad
(2016-12-09, 22:44)EvolutionXIII Wrote: When i create tv show widgets from the homescreen layout using the netflix layout v2 style, I can't click on them. Pressing enter does nothing but if I create a widget using configure shortcuts and switch to another layout like vertical layout homescreen for example, it works perfectly.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause? I'm using kodi 17 beta 6 from the windows store and also on android.

(P.s) Would also like to point out that when using touch mode and windows 10 compact mode together, the menu and power button icons on the left are always visible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't select widgets (Netflix v2)0