Estuary v2 - amazing skin; end user comments & suggestions
(2016-12-31, 02:21)Rheinlaender Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 01:01)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-12-23, 01:15)mazey Wrote: already done https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/pull/180

Well, sort of. It looks like that change shows or hides categories for every screen. It's all or nothing. I don't want the categories most places, but I do what them on the Live TV section. And I also want to be able to hide individual widgets on each page (like In Progress). I could submit the mods I did as a pull request, but I don't want to clutter up the work the team is doing for something they're not interested in.

pkscout,
I would be interested in your modification of the estuary skin. Are you going to make it available?

It's available in my skin repo. I mostly have it so that I can provide a version of the default skin that supports Artist Slideshow, but I also go ahead and provide anything else I've done too. I try to make everything optional so that by default you see the normal Estuary skin. Anyway, if you go to the link in my signature to the Artist Slideshow wiki page, there you'll find a link to my skin repo (it's in the FIND A COMPATIBLE SKIN section). You can download that, install it, then install the skin from there. As of now it's up-to-date with the Estuary in 17rc1.

One other thing. If you're using a language other than English, there are a couple of settings that have no language translation. So those are unfortunately English only. I did use language strings, so it would be possible to add translations fairly easily.
pkscout,

I have successfully installed your modification of the estuary skin. It's exactly what I was looking for Smile Thanks a lot !!!!

Regarding the language settings: I have set the language of my installation to german, which made it necessary to edit the language file accordingly. If you want I can send you the edited file and you can update your repository.
Furthermore, since I am kind of a perfectionist Smile, I would like to make more modifications that will suit me better.

Please take a look at my screenshots. I'd really appreciate it if you would answer the questions below.

1st screenshot: How can I hide the categories widget in the homemenu of the addons section? Is it possible at all?
2nd screenshot: Is there a way to edit the order in which the categories in the TV section are displayed?

Regards

Rheinlaender
(2016-12-31, 16:29)Rheinlaender Wrote: 1st screenshot: How can I hide the categories widget in the homemenu of the addons section? Is it possible at all?

That's a bug. There is an option in the settings to disable to add-on categories, but the skin was ignoring it. I've fixed it and will push out an update today.

Quote:2nd screenshot: Is there a way to edit the order in which the categories in the TV section are displayed?

Unfortunately, no. You can reorder the category items for music and video using Library Node Editor, but the TV ones aren't using nodes, they are hard coded. It would be a huge hassle to create some way to reorder those.
Pkscout, could you add clear logo support and a bigger font option to your mod please? Smile
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2017-01-01, 21:58)pkscout Wrote: That's a bug. There is an option in the settings to disable to add-on categories, but the skin was ignoring it. I've fixed it and will push out an update today.

Unfortunately the bug is still there Sad

After installing the updated skin everything seems fine at first with no categories for the add-ons being shown. But when actually selecting (clicking) "add-ons" from the homemenu and going back, the categories show up again.
You might want to check this again.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rheinlaender
(2017-01-02, 23:41)LupinSansei Wrote: Pkscout, could you add clear logo support and a bigger font option to your mod please? Smile

Sorry, no. I'm not doing this mod as a very public thing. It was mostly just for ArtistSlideshow support (since I maintain that add-on), and I went ahead and included a couple things that I'm using on my setup. At this point this mod probably has everything in it it's going to have.
(2017-01-03, 12:43)Rheinlaender Wrote:
(2017-01-01, 21:58)pkscout Wrote: That's a bug. There is an option in the settings to disable to add-on categories, but the skin was ignoring it. I've fixed it and will push out an update today.

Unfortunately the bug is still there Sad

After installing the updated skin everything seems fine at first with no categories for the add-ons being shown. But when actually selecting (clicking) "add-ons" from the homemenu and going back, the categories show up again.
You might want to check this again.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rheinlaender

OK, one more try. 1.0.6 of the mod is up now, and I think I really fixed it this time.
pkscout,

just a quick note to confirm version 1.0.6 is working properly.
Furthermore, I have made the necessary adjustments in the "includes_home.xml" in order to change the categories in the TV section to my liking. Smile

Now I am happy.

Thanks a lot for providing the skin modification and for your support.

Greetings from Germany.

Rheinlaender
(2017-01-04, 14:55)Rheinlaender Wrote: pkscout,

just a quick note to confirm version 1.0.6 is working properly.
Furthermore, I have made the necessary adjustments in the "includes_home.xml" in order to change the categories in the TV section to my liking. Smile

Now I am happy.

Thanks a lot for providing the skin modification and for your support.

Great! Just as an FYI, if you've made changes to my mod, you should probably turn off the auto-update for it in the addon settings. That way if I release an update you'll be able to do the update when you have time to make your changes again.
(2016-12-10, 23:35)thegooddoctor Wrote: Another solution would be to revert to Estuary v1's "Categories" bar - it was very respectful of screen real estate and was easy to use (although the context menu idea, I think, is an improvement over v1's method).

This! I really liked the small icons. At least it is visual that you have options, but they are small. Context menus etc all require button presses before you know there are additional options. Nice but not for a default skin anyone should be able to easily pick up.
(2016-12-23, 01:15)mazey Wrote: already done https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/pull/180

Great, this addresses my only problem with this nice skin. Is it likely to be updated in an update on 17 or do I need to move to 18 to use it?
Sorry, wrong thread...
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
That's good to use, thanks ! Just one question : is there a way to add custom item to menu bar ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary v2 - amazing skin; end user comments & suggestions0