• 2(current)
UNIPLEXhttps://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=300091 [RIP]
The 2nd home version looks nice. Still a bit space for color improvment but really clean.
This thread could helpful if you need more inspiration. it goes in the same direction i think.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208014

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

So not sure if this is 100 percent material design that some of u requested. But you can pick the colors of each panel you see. This menu is accessed from the top status bar.

The main menu will always be first so you can access what ever you are looking for from where ever you are.... My goal is to get rid of the home screen in the way we are used to it ... No longer will we be dependent on the home screen to find what you are looking for..

By accessing the "main menu" you will also have the ability to do a global search from anywindow you are in.

Once the main menu is shown you will be able to press left to get the sub menus...
The setting window will no longer be needed either as I have brought it to this window just select the gear icon...

By doing this you will also have fully customizable home menus sub menus as well as being able to reorder the settings menu if everything goes to plan.

This is just an update of what has been completed so far there is still a lot of work to be done.... Look forward to some feed back even if you don't like it tell me, but I hope you enjoy.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I think it's looking better, personally I think the kodi ultra logo makes it look a bit cheap, I think a smaller discreet logo would look better, it's all down to personal preference I suppose..
For now it more of a place holder... Until I decide what I want to do for sure this the space.... Possibly a user profile picture once I get that part skinned..That is ... Welcome and ideas you may have.
I need your help.. can you tell me the type of playlist, widgets y'all use the most... What is important to you... I am going to try the home screen into widget central hopefully to look like a apps store almost when finished.... I am thinking a widget for.

Most watched, played
Daily featured movie from local library might remind you of something u haven't seen n a while.
In progress/continue watching
Recently added
What's new - within the year
Recommend because u watched this
Movie night this will be PG stuff for you and the kids
New discovery will be random movies
Favorites
Apps.. you video and music add-ons

I would like to here from y'all on other recommendations for widgets you would like to see or wish you had now.
Wow. The New home looks pretty nice :0

A random movies widget is great for Huge libarys.
Will your skin support custom Widgets? If yes, it would be great if you can ARD Mord than 1 Widgets per menu item. There are not much skins that support this. (Probably it isnt easy to implement)
Thanks for keeping us up to date
There will be more then one widget by far and they will be customizable meaning for now it will be a preset list to choose from.

But this home screen is not the normal home screen you are used to and the widgets will not work the way they do now in Kodi.... I am presenting this in a simaler but not normal manner.... You can start thinking of the home screen as a just window of discovery... more like the way the app store looks for Google,apple or windows. The main menu will not be limited to the home screen either you will have access anywhere in kodi. No more going back several screens to find what u want.

A lot of what I am doing you can't see from pictures and I don't have a screen capture card so hopefully y'all don't lose interest before I can release pre alpha
(2017-01-08, 08:32)smitchell6879 Wrote: There will be more then one widget by far and they will be customizable meaning for now it will be a preset list to choose from.

But this home screen is not the normal home screen you are used to and the widgets will not work the way they do now in Kodi.... I am presenting this in a simaler but not normal manner.... You can start thinking of the home screen as a just window of discovery... more like the way the app store looks for Google,apple or windows. The main menu will not be limited to the home screen either you will have access anywhere in kodi. No more going back several screens to find what u want.

A lot of what I am doing you can't see from pictures and I don't have a screen capture card so hopefully y'all don't lose interest before I can release pre alpha
If your using Windows 10 there is video capture built in mate
Alright well I will look into that then, that way I can share progress better once I get a little more done. Thanks
looking forward to it mate, respect to anyone willing to put the hours in....
It is definitely more then I thought it would be... And the sad part is I get hung up on simple things, leave one letter out of a paragraph and spend the next hour trying to figure out why something that worked 10 mins ago won't work now. Haha I still am enjoying it...

Are there any widgets you would like that I haven't mentioned?
i dont have a clue about coding, closest iv got is changing fonts lol.. ill be honest im struggling to quite understand your concept. as far as widgets go, i think all the popular skins the widgets can be set to various addons not just user library. im sure once you put a video up of the direction the skin is going there will be no shortage of idea to improve and requests of features haha
Haha that will be fine too..... progress is just slow.. I am don't have Photoshop or any way to mockup what Is in my head..... so I skin it... figure if I like it or not maybe delete and go again.... not very productive but... Rome wasn't built in a day.
So the whole idea of ultra light well I am throwing that out the door... It will just be a normal skin... I am putting a lot of time into allowing this to be very customizable as far as colors go.. my question is would you as a individual like having a lot of options in a skin for colors or would you prefer a preset no option it is what it is type of skin? I skinned the keyboard tonight and if I leave it the way it is you can change the back color, the keyboard color the auto complete color all fonts and even the color of the search bar. Basically everything that has color can be changed and this is just the keyboard.... So would you like the whole skin to be that way?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Nice to Herr from you, smitchell.
A picture of the Keyboard World be nice.
Ich think, IT isnt important to customize any small Part of the Skin. Skins that are highly customizable are mostly really slow ans dont perform very well.
Of course i like it to set up any small part of as skin as i need Button there is also the abillity to change specific things in the xml.
Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes in my text. Writing with an old s3 and german auto correction isnt easy Tongue
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UNIPLEXhttps://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=300091 [RIP]10