• 3(current)
UNIPLEXhttps://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=300091 [RIP]
I will definitely post a pic soon... After completing it I just wasn't the happiest with it... And actually am kinda rethinking everything I have done up to this point..... I originally want plain a simple but I found iconq and you can't get much simpler then that...

So basically I am at the point where I want to have something that is good enough to spark interest of everyone so I can at least get some feedback but I kinda feel like what I have so far is cheesey..... Especially for the hours I have put into it... I just got feel like the art side of it up to par.

Be for I post anymore pictures I am going to take a week or so and rethink this try to clean it... Try to get some kind of inspiration for the art side.

Also I am looking for some box art... The actual case for the DVD and Blu-ray... Maybe a transparent white template that u can diffuse color over....

Anyways thank you supergruke for the feedback I really do appreciate you taking time look at this with constructive criticism.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
So tonight was a fresh start....different approach .... tell me what you think of a top menu..... the second picture is a tease of the new "home" screen...

Not bad.
In my opinion are vertical menus much more user friendly because of the amount of menu points which fits in. But i like the sharp tiles. Maybe you should place an overlay over the background to make focusing on the menu points easier.
Keep us up to date please. Its interesting to see how this skin grows up Smile
This is a vertical window... Your just seeing the first row here... And starting the second row the overlay shows up that your speaking of. This is definitely a work in progress as everything I have done up to this point is basically trash ... I am working out a few things right now with this screen but will have a video of the movement of this screen once I iron out some little detailed issues I am having. May be a week before I have the time I need to work things out ... I am really liking this layout a lot better so far one other thing this time a round it will be more of it is what it is I am not adding the ability to change everything....

After doing some more research it seem to me more often then not someone wants something that just looks good out of the box and just works... Most people don't want to have to spend the time setting things up and customizing every aspect..... So with that I want to focus more on it just works then options...

Plus anyone that know me personally know my favorite saying....For everything.... (It is what It is)
That's like a family Moto hahaha....
As promised I couldn't get window screen capture to work but I did what I could with my phone... Any line u see are from the TV it's old and the right panel is slowly going out... Works fine for a monitor thou haha

This is just the discover page it is not complete just was to share concept.
Great, cant wait to test this out, looks like just the way i like my skin to be Smile
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
I really like how it's shaping. Ofcourse, you can see it's on early stages but I love what I see so far. I have 1 question. When you start going down, the background become blurry. As far as you know is there a way to make live fanart blur? Keep up the good job!
@badass, has an addon colorbox that is supposed to do that, but I can't make it work for the life of me... so I did the frosted blur overlay... what I can do is let the fanart show behind this overlay as it is coming to focus. The reason I didn't do it that way is because I find it a bit distracting the constant flash of the fan art changing on the screen in a darker room.

Also with colorbox having the artwork be processed and blurred on the fly would eat resources imo... haven't tested so I am not sure... but I figure to get this on more devices the overlay will just have to do.

Later on when it gets closer to being finished I may add the option for the fanart behind the overlay.
I feel you on the fanart being distracting and annoying sometimes. A blur effect in this cases makes everything smother to the eye and the fanart would serve more as a "randomization" of background than any other purpose. But I'd be glad to sacrifice that. Atleast on some parts of the skin. For example the skin you are working on would make a great use of it. I guess that's not possible and as you said you havew to adapt it for underweight boxes/setups.
Honestly I want to and planned on adding color box... I too wanted the blurred fanart on the fly. But I could not and have not been able to make it work ... it is something I am missing in the code. So I made this overlay to tone everything down.

If you just want random fanart ... nothing to go with what your focused on I can make blurred fanart backgrounds and add them to the skin.
Yeah, making few blurry backgrounds that change randomly would have to do. And personally Id suggest you set it so the background changes only when you focus on the menu section that uses said background. Not let it change while you are on it. I don't know if that's possible or not but just my 2 cents. Good luck!
Will keep it in mind... For sure hopefully everything continue s smoothly with the code so I can have more to share... Trying to get major parts started that way I can refine the later.

Thank you raitsa and sawgeroni for showing interest... It help me stay motivated.
Looks great.
I love the blurred background. Looks a bit like the ATV one.
Keep up the good work !
My question is if Kodi had an app store like Google,apple or Amazon what would it be called.

Google has the play store
Apple has iTunes
Amazon has Amazon underground.

Kodi has..

Fill in the blank
Addon browser
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UNIPLEXhttps://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=300091 [RIP]10