Work in Progress - UNIPLEX:Proof of concept.

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average
jurialmunkey Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-06-06 03:41)smitchell6879 Wrote:  So much so that it has came to my attention that some feature(s) have been ripped off to a skin mod. And that's fine I am glad you liked it and didn't want to wait, I actually have already changed it to something a little different, but that's not the point. I asked every tester not to reuse any unique feature I had in the alpha release as I want them to be presented as a whole with the release of my skin to the general public.

Oh man that totally sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that has happened to you. I mean, we all borrow ideas from each other. This is one of the great things about the skinning community - the great ideas stick and get improved upon and most of the chaff gets left behind. But to have an idea, design or code completely ripped off before release is beyond the pale. This has happened a couple of times before and it is totally disappointing to see.

I'm just glad you haven't been completely discouraged by this as some of your ideas that I've seen have been really unique and interesting. So all I'm going to say is keep up the great work, don't get discouraged, and I'm excitedly looking forward to your eventual release whenever that happens!
find quote
smitchell6879 Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-06-06 10:12)jurialmunkey Wrote:  Oh man that totally sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that has happened to you. I mean, we all borrow ideas from each other. This is one of the great things about the skinning community - the great ideas stick and get improved upon and most of the chaff gets left behind. But to have an idea, design or code completely ripped off before release is beyond the pale. This has happened a couple of times before and it is totally disappointing to see.

I'm just glad you haven't been completely discouraged by this as some of your ideas that I've seen have been really unique and interesting. So all I'm going to say is keep up the great work, don't get discouraged, and I'm excitedly looking forward to your eventual release whenever that happens!

Thanks that means a lot. And I don't mind the borrowing of ideas but at least ask prior... or let the original skin at least be released.. now I see how djh felt after he showed his first list view. Not that mine will even be able to compete with his work but just the same. It may not make much difference in the end as I just found out one of main modules I am using my not be supported in future Kodi releases... it is already remover of Kodi 18 64bit. so that was nice to find out hahaha.

but again thanks for the works of encouragement. btw your latest skin looks awesome I hope I can get my colors and everything to look as smooth as you have.

Windows 10/MySQL/Xiaomi Mi Box
[WIP] UNIPLEX
Madnox Holiday Mod
find quote
Martijn Offline
Team Kodi
It's indeed sad this happens.
Also PIL might not be gone yet however it's future is uncertain as it's pain to compile on multiplatform. That it's not in win64 is simply because no one fixed it yet.

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
find quote
smitchell6879 Offline
Posting Freak
Gotcha I really do wish I understand that part of the code more to help.. but unfortunately I am still learning and am far from even thing of looking at the core... At worst case at least it is still in the 32 bit version so the skin will last one more year. By the time 19 comes out I will either have something or be locked in one make it really stable for 18 so no worries. I do appreciate your reply that does bring me some hope hahaha.

[WIP] UNIPLEX
Madnox Holiday Mod
find quote
badaas Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-06-06 11:19)Martijn Wrote:  It's indeed sad this happens.
Also PIL might not be gone yet however it's future is uncertain as it's pain to compile on multiplatform. That it's not in win64 is simply because no one fixed it yet.

PIL or PILLOW? :|
find quote
smitchell6879 Offline
Posting Freak
Almost certain PIL the module that most of your add-on and my skin relies. Last I checked the module resorcse library is missing in 64 bit leia.

[WIP] UNIPLEX
Madnox Holiday Mod
find quote
badaas Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-07-02 12:12)smitchell6879 Wrote:  Almost certain PIL the module that most of your add-on and my skin relies. Last I checked the module resorcse library is missing in 64 bit leia.

Just checked and there is a 32BIT Leia and working fine Big Grin
Hopefully they keep both ...

And yeah, they started using PILLOW (PIL but newer maintained fork), don't know if they switched back to PIL, doesn't matter either way imho.
(This post was last modified: 2017-07-02 12:24 by badaas.)
find quote
smitchell6879 Offline
Posting Freak
Pm sent

[WIP] UNIPLEX
Madnox Holiday Mod
find quote
smitchell6879 Offline
Posting Freak
Aplha release to the public... no where near complete more just a concept See op for download.

[WIP] UNIPLEX
Madnox Holiday Mod
find quote
Aaiemron Offline
(2017-07-05 23:31)smitchell6879 Wrote:  Aplha release to the public... no where near complete more just a concept See op for download.

I can't install the skin because of the dependencie of colorbox script.....
I'm on Kodi 17.3
I also tried different versions of colorbox, but no result
find quote
smitchell6879 Offline
Posting Freak
My apologies there must be a typo. I remove the download link until I can get time to fix it.

[WIP] UNIPLEX
Madnox Holiday Mod
(This post was last modified: 2017-07-06 21:11 by smitchell6879.)
find quote
Aaiemron Offline
(2017-07-06 21:11)smitchell6879 Wrote:  My apologies there must be a typo. I remove the download link until I can get time to fix it.
Thank you. No rush
find quote
jenica Offline
To install this, first install Marceveldt's repo,then install skin from zip.Looks great but you have a long way to go...i know it's still in alpha status,but when this will be done it will be awesome.Good job ,man !

Trimis de pe al meu Redmi Note 3 folosind Tapatalk
find quote