iTunes Radio Station browser script
Lightbulb 
i realy wanted to share my progress and results with you. i hope you like it. now i need sleeep!

download itunes

please give me feedback
thanks!
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
very cool!

it kept saying 'cant stop & delete file?' when i change to a different station. what does that mean?
it's a bug. it doesn't show up anymore now. i did some updates.
greets,

zilvershadow
really sweet script. would be nice to see some sort of progress when stations are downloaded. is this done when switching genre or when starting script?
i guess my problems are due to strange streams but i get streams playing at half speed and many of them tell me to log in to http://www.365something.com to be able to play it. and whats up with the low bitrates? i'm no itunes user so maybe i've missed something here?
(zilvershadow @ april 23 2004,07:11 Wrote:it's a bug. it doesn't show up anymore now. i did some updates.
i downloaded the updated version and it still keeps saying 'cant stop & delete file?' whenever i try to play a radio station.

thanks.
floink:
i am working on the progressdialog you mentioned. i also want to add some kind of sort order for the stations so you can order on bitrate/name/listeners/active stations and so on. (i need some advise about that)
i also want to add an info action so you can see some information in a dialog screen about the stream
there seems to be some problems with particular pls files that mplayer cant play (i think because some arguments in the pls file are missing like title/length/version?) maybe someone can do something about that, otherwhise i have to analize the pls files and rewrite them.

the script contains bugs and i realy need to optimize it.
feel free to suggest your ideas.

burriko:
something went wrong with update....
thanks
greets,

zilvershadow
looks sweet but hmm i cannot hear anything? when i choose a radio station nothing happens. Sad
some channels do not work. that has something to do with the way mplayer (xbmc) handels them. i compared some pls files and there where some differencies in them; some tags are missing.

thats why there are some streams that do not work.
i'm now working on something new so feel free to change the code.
greets,

zilvershadow
nice work, i'd really like to use this. the only thing is i can't get any channels playing. the stations come up fine but then nothing happens when you press on one. any chance you could point me in the right direction? i know you said you were working on something else so my apologies for being a pain. tia. Smile
did you edit the script?
you have to change this line in itunes.py:
Quote:local_pls_file = "f:\\itunes.pls"
greets,

zilvershadow
thanks for getting back to me. sorry for asking such a n00b question, but change it to what? (p.s. i tried making the file itunes.pls at f:\\ but had no joy).
i think i have to actually do some fixes but i don't have the time for it now. i'm also working on a new project. a kml browser which is much better and much cooler!
(i'll try to fix it soon Smile but atm all the energy goes to my new project)
greets,

zilvershadow
sounds cool! thanks for your efforts.
(zilvershadow @ april 29 2004,13:46 Wrote:did you edit the script?
you have to change this line in itunes.py:
Quote:local_pls_file = "f:\\itunes.pls"
what do we need to change this to please?
you could change it the best to "z:\\itunes.pls"
greets,

zilvershadow

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iTunes Radio Station browser script0