Solved Kodi doesn't display artworks scrapped from Ember
Hi guys, I've tried everything I could (I guess) to make artworks (Logo, ClearArt, Discart) scraped from Ember showing up within Kodi (Krypton) but nothing appears to work!

I guess the issue is not from Ember but from Kodi, any ideas how to get it working?

Knowing that movie scraped within Kodi displays the artworks properly by the way.

EDIT: For those willing to know how did I solve this issue... I actually don't know exactly how I managed to do it but here's a quick How-To in case:
In Ember Media Manager:
Activate Kodi module (using HTTP protocol from Kodi)
In movie settings, activate Artwork Downlader
In Kodi:
Set Artwork Downloader to "Use local files"

If you change artworks within Kodi, they may not update straight away, sometimes at restart it changes them, but you most likely will have to resync the library from Ember Media Manager (Tools->Kodi Interface->Sync) while Kodi is on background
Kodi can't recognize ClearArt, ClearLogo, Landscape ect. out-of-the-box. Depending on your file name settings in Ember you can use the Kodi Interface (in Ember) to sync the additional images to Kodi or you have to install and use the Kodi addon "ArtworkDownloader" to scan your library for addition images. For AD you have to setup the addon to read local saved images instead of downloading it from web.

I whould use the Kodi Interface :-)

Edit: The Kodi Interface can sync any file name, the AD addon recognize only files that are named as the addon want. Check this list to see all different file names: Link
1. Is this a movie that has already been scrapped into kodi (Doesn't matter if it's online or nfo)?

-If so, you need to go into the movie's info screen and press refresh from within kodi This will reload the movie(re-reads the nfo and SOME images), then you would need to use artwork downloader addon to scan extra images(logo, disc, clearart, etc).
-This should be automatic if you have the kodi sync option enabled and working correctly(You shouldn't even have to touch kodi).

2. If you aren't using the kodi sync option, then you need to make sure you have the kodi addon "Artwork Downloader" installed and set to read local images, this addon is what gets the extra artwork to show up.
That's the problem, it seems like I can't get it working with Artwork Downloader...

I disabled the download of artworks from it, and set it to read local images... It doesn't work at all. If I let the artworks downloading options from AD and let read local images, it overwrites them all with its own artworks...

Guess the Kodi sync option will do the trick better, meaning that I have to run both Ember and Kodi in the meantime

EDIT: Kodi sync works just fine, I guess I'll do a macro to get a "One clic to refresh" library button: launching Ember to look for new media files, updates of already existing medias (IMDb ratings/Top 250, Certification, Plot & missing artworks) then opening Kodi to get artworks perfectly synced
Hmmm.....there's something definitely wrong with the settings/naming if AD isn't working. Anyways, glad you got it sorted using the sync method! Hopefully this works out for what you were looking for in your original thread!
Well, I definitely don't get it for AD... it doesn't display them if I don't download from AD and chose to use local files, indeed if I do, it just overwrite them all with the very same name and then display them... Doesn't make any sense! But yeah I got it working, just some little bothering stuff but I guess that's the best I can get for now Wink
You have to enable the file names for AD, otherwise AD can't recognize already downloaded files and download the images again:
Thanks! I don't know how I managed to get it working as it wasn't working before at all with this column ticked, but I just enabled Kodi sync, unticked Poster & Fanart from the Kodi tab, enabled everything in Kodi Addons tab, and wrote poster.jpg and fanart.jpg in Expert tab, now it all works like I wanted it to!

But honestly I dunno what made it work as it wasn't working before with pretty much the same settings ^^
So I am a new user and have run into the same issue as described here. I am unclear as to how to enable the http protocol in Kodi and also how to configure it in Ember Media manager. Can anyone provide instruction or a link to the steps required to configure this appropriately?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't display artworks scrapped from Ember0