Question about #11036
I wonder how things work when trying to add new features to Kodi?

I tried to make a PR #9660 that seemed to work, and that was looked at by others and accepted/merged. Unfortunately there was some unexpected behavior in my PR.

I'm new to this so I don't know how things work, but since it was accepted it feels like a comment should have been made in the first PR about the problems found so I could try and fix them, instead of just removing everything?

Or, if I try to contribute any more PRs to Kodi that may be accepted, should I be keeping a close eye on all new PRs to see if my is removed? So I would know that there was a problem that I could try and fix? Or what is the right way to know that you need to fix your PR?

And no, I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I'm just trying to learn and understand the process.

I use subtitles almost every day, and finding a good one is not always easy. And having to do a new search every time makes it even harder to remember which one you have tested. And even harder if your default service didn't have any good at all. So for me this was a very useful PR.

But of course I would like it to work for everyone. Just feels a little strange to throw it out instead of giving the author a chance to fix it. Unless it is completely worthless, but then I wouldn't have been accepted in the first place. Or is that how it works? When a bug is detected, remove whole PR, try and fix, and add it back? But shouldn't the author be notified?

The sad thing is that it would probably be one or two line fix to make it work with both movies and tvshows. Since that seemed to be the biggest problem. On the other hand I wouldn't know since I never got the chance to have a constructive discussion about the problems.

Unless I need to have a eye on all new PRs, which maybe is the right way to do it. I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
Sorry and yes a comment should have been left. Understand we are in beta so any regression that is noticed should be dealt with and reverted. Choice usually is to try and ping the author and see if he responds in the hopes it's soon and can fix it or just revert the PR and ping him/her telling them the problem. This time we forgot to tell you it caused issues. You are of course free to submit it again now it's known that is caused additional issues.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about #110360