build.sh fails in rev. 10969
I've checked out revision 10969 and am using build.sh to build XBMC for linux and it looks just fine until very end when the script shall copy XboxMediaCenter. The output looks like this:
matte@tinman:~/src/XBMC$ ./build.sh
....... (removed for readability)....
Generating Changelog.txt
Backing up old ./BUILD to ./BUILD.bak.
Removing old ./BUILD.bak first.
Creating ./BUILD.
Copying XboxMediaCenter
FAILED! Exiting.

I get no compilation error (what I can see in compile.log anyway). Anybody have any pointers of what I'm doing wrong?
Ok, after manually entering some directories and typing 'make' I got a bit further. But after doing that successfully in some directories I got some compiler errors (for example in FileSystems) that I think are because I'm on a 64bit architechture. I gonna try to figure how to compile this for 32bit architecture instead. I guess it's just a matter of finding the right configure/make/gcc switches. Has anyone done this and can give me some tips? Or correct me if I'm way off here Laugh
Did you ever get XBMC to compile in 64bit linux?
I am getting this same error. I am running 32Bit Ubuntu 7.10 but I am having this same issue. Just wondering if you solved it or if anyone has gotten this while using build.sh.

Thanks.

-medford
since it's the make command that failed, it could be very interesting to know what did.. ie the last output from make
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The final part of the build script was failing a while ago because it was trying to copy a file that no longer exists. This is fixed in the current build script - be sure to update.
I was using an older version of build.sh. I blew away my XBMC folder, went through the svn checkout and compile again. All is well.

Thank you.
Using the updated build.sh, if you have to perform an svn update, the script will always fail.
Is there anything wrong with the way I am updating my XBMC:
Code:
svn up
make clean
./configure
make
make install

I have been doing it this way for quite a while and I rarely run into problems. I see alot of reference to the build.sh script and I guess I just want to know if I am missing anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
build.sh fails in rev. 109690