Solved Kodi Does Not Play Album Tracks in Order
Using Kodi 17.0 Beta 7 from Windows Store, modern UI version on Windows 10. Tracts in albums do not play in order but rather seem to play at random or perhaps alphabetically instead of numerically. How do I get the tracts to play numerically? One album starts with tract 1 then skips automatically to tract 20. Used to work in previous versions of Kodi. Am I missing a setting?
TIA
J.
do you have your albums and music properly tagged with musicbrainz picard?
"do you have your albums and music properly tagged with musicbrainz picard?"
No, and I have no idea what musicbrainz picard is. My albums are FLAC files that play just fine, but not in the right order.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging
Make sure you have have "Sort by track" selected in the side bar menu and if no different check shuffle is off when album is being played.
"Make sure you have have "Sort by track" selected in the side bar menu and if no different check shuffle is off when album is being played."
I did change this to Sort by track but makes no difference. How do I access the shuffle function?
Also, when first opened this is the display:
Everything is in the right order. But if I go to Playlist I see this:
I never made a playlist for this or any other album in my collection. Notice the tracts are all out of numerical order.
Any idea why this is happening?
Thanks,
J.
Shuffle or Random should be in the side bar menu in the playlist view so in your case that 2nd screenshot, it sohuld be amongst the playback controls. Not sure what skin that is, but it could be represented by an icon similar to

"Shuffle or Random should be in the side bar menu in the playlist view so in your case that 2nd screenshot. . ."
Thank you so much, jjd-uk. That was it! Shuffle was indeed turned on but I did not know how to get there. You directed me to the right menu. The skin is Mimic with a customized background. Everything plays in numerical order as before. Thanks again. Problem resolved.
J.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Does Not Play Album Tracks in Order1