Concept Horizon
after reading this and another concept skin thread it dawned on me that a lot of skins never make it because the person with a dream of a skin is either
  • An Artist
  • A Coder

but rarely both.

That is why I totally agree with the comment that a Git Hub repo be opened for community contributions and the hopeful pairing of artist(s) and coder(s) to collaborate and keep the skin's dream (and future) alive Nod

the artistic folks would need a crash course in using GitHub to do basic(s) like forking a repo, creating a pull request, etc

put at most one or two folks "in charge" of the final say-so's (and veto) and I think you may have a recipe for more skins crawling out of CONCEPT and WIP status.

I'd offer some help but I usually put my spare cycles towards the skin Titan... but I really think some of the recent (and past) concepts are good ideas.

Krypton is coming quickly to RC milestone and then soon after that a Release... not that it matters with the rolling dev cycle of Kodi.

So skin artists and skin coders - find your partners!

hehe

Mario
Ye i'v checked the forum and 99% are dead projects. So will be this Smile
(2016-12-26, 23:09)Swageroni_ Wrote: Ye i'v checked the forum and 99% are dead projects. So will be this Smile

Very true i am personally guilty of this exact thing.
but without community support and people creating concept art and attempting to give it a go we wouldn't inspire anyone.
If everyone sat on the fence and and did nothing we would have one default skin that's it for every 10-30 failed attempts we finally get something amazing, that's a statistic i can live with.

If you also actually look into the people creating concepts and abandoned skins you see that they are abandoned sometimes because that skin was a way for them to learn to code for kodi half way through their coding skills get better and better and they look back on sometimes hundreds of hours and thousands and thousands of lines of code and realize that they could have coded differently and much more efficiently had they known the new techniques that they can only learn from hundreds of hours of coding which combined with the constant nagging from all the fence sitters in the wip forums which is only actually for direct contributors and actual skin developers and not the general public ultimately we get and unfinished abandoned skin because of the crossroad that the skinner faces do they re code the skin from scratch and risk the abuse from everyone because ETA is now set back another year.
or pump out a badly coded mess usually they get inspired by concept art like this from real contributors and decide to back a new project which ultimately leads to a much higher chance of the new skin reaching the light of day because of the support and the new passion for the project.

That's why if you are a fence sitter hanging out in this developer forum you should support any concept art new project that appears if not go back to the place you probably came from some illegal kodi addon nonsense website and leave real contributors to be inspired. ( Swageroni i'm not personally talking to you just quoting a general attitude I see around here)

The skin looks great by the way.
Thank you looking forward to seeing this get some momentum.
@ZombieRobot

Thanks for the insight! Personally, I made this concept for fun, and actually thinking I could find a coder here. I thought it was easy like that, but it isn't. As for learning to code, With all respect for coders, I'm not willing to start learn it from scratch, just for a skin. I don't have the time and desire to do it. I'd rather pay someone to do it. I might keep posting new mockups... maybe one day I inspire someone. Happy new year Smile
Photo 
Refining home screen. Would love to know what you think. If text, buttons are too small.

When it's folded.

Here I have another concept about the Home menu. I was thinking putting an arrow near the icon to show that the menu has a submenu. And by pressing left side another menu pops up from the other side with submenus. This idea is to eliminate the button you can see above the Widgets. What do you think?

What do you think about this...

http://wetek.com/theme/Osmosis/img/produ...70x405.jpg

(2017-01-10, 11:57)liquidolze Wrote: What do you think about this...

http://wetek.com/theme/Osmosis/img/produ...70x405.jpg

What should I think about it? Why don't you tell me what do you think...
woooooooow very nice work please keep it up Smile i waiting for beta release
Shame this isn't becoming a skin, I really like it. Though I actually like the screenshots in your 'Abandoned Project' album more, I would love to see either of them released as skins.

I too see a divide between artists and coders, we should get them together for the good of Kodi!
(2017-01-12, 14:13)lstar337 Wrote: Shame this isn't becoming a skin, I really like it. Though I actually like the screenshots in your 'Abandoned Project' album more, I would love to see either of them released as skins.

I too see a divide between artists and coders, we should get them together for the good of Kodi!
Thanks! I think the only way for me to make public any skin would be by learning how to code it. And as mentioned before, that will never happen :/
(2017-01-12, 17:08)Swageroni_ Wrote:
(2017-01-12, 14:13)lstar337 Wrote: Shame this isn't becoming a skin, I really like it. Though I actually like the screenshots in your 'Abandoned Project' album more, I would love to see either of them released as skins.

Thanks! I think the only way for me to make public any skin would be by learning how to code it. And as mentioned before, that will never happen :/
Such a great shame. Sad
(2017-01-12, 17:55)lstar337 Wrote:
(2017-01-12, 17:08)Swageroni_ Wrote:

Such a great shame. Sad

But Im willing to pass it to a coder Smile
Btw, if any kodi team member is reading, can you use gifs for skins? For example when you focus on a movie poster and stay on it, the gif animation kicks in. A shiny effect for example. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon5