Kodi used in business and commercial application s
you guys know that we had a sponsor once that did these hotel solutions based on XBMC? I'm not sure if they still use Kodi though
(2016-12-22, 10:21)da-anda Wrote: you guys know that we had a sponsor once that did these hotel solutions based on XBMC? I'm not sure if they still use Kodi though

Literally why I mentioned it in the first place.
(2016-12-22, 00:05)DoubleT Wrote: We use it for digital signage at work as the api makes life easy and I can support a huge range of hardware...

Could you elaborate on how you pull this off? I'm looking at doing the same thing, just run a slide show from a network drive to show plant performance. I was thinking I could do it with the Xbox alarm and the sleep timer.

Basically slides show starts automatically at a defined time and turns the tv on with CEC. Then at a certain time, the show stops, and kodi turns the tv off/puts it to sleep.

Is there another way or different add-ons I should be looking at? Thanks for any advice you can provide.

B
(2017-04-16, 18:14)bigscience Wrote:
(2016-12-22, 00:05)DoubleT Wrote: We use it for digital signage at work as the api makes life easy and I can support a huge range of hardware...

Could you elaborate on how you pull this off? I'm looking at doing the same thing, just run a slide show from a network drive to show plant performance. I was thinking I could do it with the Xbox alarm and the sleep timer.

Basically slides show starts automatically at a defined time and turns the tv on with CEC. Then at a certain time, the show stops, and kodi turns the tv off/puts it to sleep.

Is there another way or different add-ons I should be looking at? Thanks for any advice you can provide.

B

http://olipassey.me.uk/using-kodi-for-of...ashboards/

Feel free to pm me any questions
That's just simply awesome and the outside of the box usage we'd like to see with Kodi Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
+1. Really, really cool!
Custom Hotel builds, no boredom in the room if done.
(2016-12-22, 10:21)da-anda Wrote: you guys know that we had a sponsor once that did these hotel solutions based on XBMC? I'm not sure if they still use Kodi though

my family goto quite an exclusive hotel in Barbados, which has a 10 yr old install of XBMC as its in-room media.
Always makes me laugh when i see it.

Works every time though - i just wish it could detect my install on my laptop and share the content - always end up unplugging something to steal a HDMI lead.
Sure a newer version could do but imagine they are orphaned on this version due to the supplier - or no appetite to upgrade what currently works fine.
10 year old install of xbmc you say?

Thats the badger.

Kodi looks great in a gold frame

this isnt xbmc btw, this is the pre-cursor screen, the actual install looks just like ur pic, with a background image of a pink rolls royce lol

trying to find a pic - sure i have one somewhere

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi used in business and commercial application s0