advice on music streaming
folks: I have my music library on a linux mint machine and would like suggestions on the best way to stream music to Kodi running on fire TV - do I go the FTP server way or something else?

Also, I enabled AirPlay on Kodi but unable to get any audio from the speakers despite selecting the Kodi option, would appreciate any pointers on this as well.

thanks in advance
FTP should work, but I tend to use smb. nfs will also work.

No idea on airplay sorry.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-12-17, 08:26)nickr Wrote: FTP should work, but I tend to use smb. nfs will also work.

No idea on airplay sorry.

thank you. My understanding of smb is it meant to be used as a file share mechanism between linux and windows. If this is correct, I dont have a windows machine, just the Linux one. Can you please clarify?
Use samba to share your music folder to the network [1]. Add the share to the firetv kodi as a music source [2]. Job done.

[1] plenty of howtos on the net
[2] as per our wiki.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thank you, I am now able to stream my music.
Excellent.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advice on music streaming0