[Question] Libraries, Filters & Widgets
Hi,

I have a general question:
If I'm using filter inside my libraries for sorting, does the widgets use the libraries content after applying the filter or with all the content without the filter?

Also, I have noticed that the "Filter" option is not saved.
After I'm turning it on, when I'm going back or something, the filter is turned off.
Is it should be like this?
(2016-12-17, 23:10)burekas Wrote: Also, I have noticed that the "Filter" option is not saved.
After I'm turning it on, when I'm going back or something, the filter is turned off.
Is it should be like this?
Unfortunately yes. Up to now the filter option is realised in quite a rudimental way.
1) Widgets have their own sorting, completely undependant of the main library entry, execpt if you point a widget to a library directy offcourse.

2) Filtering is applied on the fly on the container listing.

a) It is not saved in any way
b) It is for the current view only, so it doesn't apply to your widgets
(2016-12-19, 00:27)marcelveldt Wrote: 1) Widgets have their own sorting, completely undependant of the main library entry, execpt if you point a widget to a library directy offcourse.

2) Filtering is applied on the fly on the container listing.

a) It is not saved in any way
b) It is for the current view only, so it doesn't apply to your widgets

I would be interested in knowing HOW the filtering is applied, and more importantly WHAT source code file I need to change if I want to improve the search algorithm.
Note: I have some knowledge in python (and other programing language)

The main goal is the following: Add the ability to filter by "Original Title" as well as the "current/translated title"

BTW, I noticed one particular behavior with the search option:
- when viewing a source from the Library (i.e. Movies), The filter option needs to be "enabled" first and pops a dialog (with many options)
- when viewing a playlist, the filter option works "on the fly" and updated the list content as you type (which is in my opinion much cooler Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Question] Libraries, Filters & Widgets0