DD5.1 and TrueHD only - no stereo downmix?
I've got a video file (1080p) that plays fine, but I get no sound over stereo (analog) speakers.

For other AC3 stuff I get sound, but not here.

I've tried changing the audio track to the DD5.1 track, but still no sound.

Any thoughts? Will this only work over a spdif connection? I just haven't moved the PC to my HT yet.

Also, any tips on getting spdif to work? I've read some recent threads, but it seems a little tricky, and I'm not sure what's ubuntu specific versus XBMC.

Thanks!
-Mark
Thumbs Up 
Downmixing isn't working yet nor is DVD playing per a posting to a thread where I was having sound issues. It's a work in progress so no biggie.

What OS distro exactly did you build on? I've nwo managed to get sound working on Desktop Ubuntu and on Mythbuntu which IMO was easier to work with - less fluff. The heart of the issue is the ALSO channels being muted out of the box, your mixer might not even display them. On Desktop I had to add the digital out, might be AC something or other, a chip name, or just PCM. On Desktop I never got center channel but got the ambient sounds. Frustrated I rebuilt on Mythbuntu and after unmuting the PCM I noticed a channel called "center". Duh, that's what I missed on Desktop I think.

So, as long as ALSA is installed (won't be if you built on server and added xdesktop), and you've got a mixer available (I had to apt-get on one of the installs I tried) you simply need to turn up the volume is all. You might even have to add the slider for it but that's as easy as a right click I found.

Have you got a remote? the Myth based distro sets that up for you too. Honestly so far the Myth distro is working well for me. XBMC builds seem to be broken right now so I'm playing around with some HD tuners in Myth watching QAM locals Nod
Spoke too soon about XBMC compiling -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=160...tcount=130
I'm using Ubuntu desktop 7.10.

How do I set up Alsa?

DVD playback has been working fine for me, but I haven't tried it too much, so perhaps I was just lucky with some ISO's.
downmixing should be working now. a debug log would help abit. but it could still be something with your alsa setup.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DD5.1 and TrueHD only - no stereo downmix?0