Win Passthrough Intel NUC + Soundbar = Hell
I have problems with video stuttering or no sound. Happens with AAC, AC3, Dolby Digital, you name it...
Everything plays fine in Plex but in Kodi I'm going nuts.

Kodi Jarvis (Windows 7, Intel Graphics 6000) NUC5i5RY --> HDMI --> Samsung TV KS9005 (HDMI ARC) --> Samsung Soundbar HW-J7511R (Wireless)

So far, the best I've got in Kodi is the following but often the audio is not synced. 200 - 300 ms delayed:
Samsung TV: HDMI-sound = Bitstream
Samsung Soundbar input: Tried with "Multi Channel" and TV - no difference
Kodi Adjust display refresh rate = Off
Kodi Sync playback to display = On
Kodi audio output device = WASAPI default

Passthrough Enable on following:
Dolby Digital AC3 capable receiver and transcoding
Dolby Digital E-AC3 capable receiver
DTS capable receiver
TrueHD capable receiver
DTH-HD capable receiver

What am I doing wrong and why does everything work in Plex with great sound quality? Please help me.. I'm lost.

Thank you so much for your help!
We cannot help you without a Debug Log

Quote:Kodi Sync playback to display = On

This first setting will disable PT in upcoming v17. Only AC3 transcode is used. I highly, highly doubt that your TV cann deliver TrueHD / DTS-HD to the attached soundbar. It's ARC / SPDIF after all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-12-18, 14:30)fritsch Wrote: We cannot help you without a Debug Log

Quote:Kodi Sync playback to display = On

This first setting will disable PT in upcoming v17. Only AC3 transcode is used. I highly, highly doubt that your TV cann deliver TrueHD / DTS-HD to the attached soundbar. It's ARC / SPDIF after all.

You are correct sir! But I finally solved my problem. Here goes (if someone has the same problem):

1. Disable "Use fullscreen window" OR disable Windows Aero - Read more here
2. Disable "Sync playback to display"
3. Only enable "Dolby Digital AC3 capable receiver and transcoding and DTS capable receiver because they are shown in the Windows as Supported Sound formats - Read more here

My problem was really step 1 - the Windows Aero "bug" or what ever it is... When I couldn't figure it out, I had enabled everything on Passthrough Smile
Yeah - assumed that. Good it works for you now.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Intel NUC + Soundbar = Hell0