Win Plex and Kodi on a single machine
Can I run Plex and Kodi on the same machine that is also hosting my movies/pictures and photos? please advise.

I have thousands of movies and pictures and currently using Plex t but when considering the great customization and add-on support, i am looking into installing Kodi as well. Will it create any conflict or any other issues?
Yes you can.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-12-19, 02:46)nickr Wrote: Yes you can.

Thanks. Hope I won't face any issues there. :-)
(2016-12-19, 02:46)nickr Wrote: Yes you can.

By the way, have you ever tried this?
I have Plex and Kodi on my shield tv.
(2016-12-20, 12:39)magister Wrote: I have Plex and Kodi on my shield tv.

I know both should work on players like TV's. But what about on a PC with the databases on the same pc?
I have Plex & Kodi both running on a Windows 10 PC and have no issues, both connected to my trakt account so watched status syncs between them
As others have said... shouldn't be a problem. I done it on my NAS for a while before dumping Plex.
I run both on my Win7 HTPC. I use PLEX for streaming movies to other devices in the house (and outside my network) and Kodi to stream livetv to my Andoid Player in my bedroom.

I have Kodi set up to only use the local info for metadata so I'm not running two separate DB and eating up large swaths of storage space with multiple poster, images, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plex and Kodi on a single machine1