v16 New Kodi user questions
hello

I'm a new user for Kodi and had a question about using this app and hoped I could find help here. And my apologies if I'm posting this to the wrong forum page.

My current setup is the following device: https://smile.amazon.com/AKASO-Android-F...4EGWY5MFHH

The above device is running Android 5.1 and Kodi 16.1, I have not installed/configured any other "custom" apps.

And to this box I have connected 3 external USB Hdd, on which I have my extensive DVD collection archived (TV series / Movies & iTunes library).

I currently have no interest in trying to access any online streaming services to view online content (legal or otherwise), I'm just wanting to use this box to play my archived DVD collection that I have ripped into the .MKV format via the MakeMKV program.

The Akaso KIII (and Kodi) plays my files just fine and I'm happy with the overall performance, I just want to find out if there is a way to configure Kodi to build a "catalog" of my connected external drives and display the files without having to go into each drive individually like I currently have to.

Right now I have the following 3 drives with the following media:

drive1:

TV series/dramas
bbc
movies
movie series

drive2:

iTunes library
SciFi Movies & TV Shows

drive3:

Comedy TV Series

So I would like to be able to open Kodi and from there, open an icon that would display all the content on the above mentioned directly connected USB Hdd's and show my content via a Genre or Type listing.

thanks
You can all your media to your Kodi library fairly easily. You should start here: Adding_video_sources (wiki)
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
thanks for the reply/answer 'MetalChris' I will try this out and see if this is what I'm looking for.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Kodi user questions1