I have a couple questions about Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes.
I have a couple questions about Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes.
1)How can I get the one size all caps text on the vertical main menu like the original instead of the current one where the font enlarges as you highlight it?
2)How do I set favorites as a main menu item?
3)Is there a way to cache widget items? It takes about 5 seconds for my exodus widgets to load each time I scroll to it.
4)Is it possible to change the widget icon size for some widgets? For example, change the addons widget to square?
Thanks
Any reason why you don't just use the original?
It's far better in my opinion.
(2016-12-19, 20:33)loggio Wrote: Any reason why you don't just use the original?
It's far better in my opinion.

Actually, I just couldn't figure out how to install it. I downloaded the zip from gethub and got some error trying to install it. I also saw that you needed a bunch of other addons and I'm not sure where to get those. I couldn't find a tutorial on how to do it.
It should install fine... What version of kodi and what platform?
Fire TV. Kodi 16.1. The file is skin.arctic.zephyr-master.zip.
I get an error "The dependcy on xbmc.gui version 5.12.0 ..."
Change the branch from master to Jarvis
Thanks! It worked. And it looks like it solved all of my questions. Thanks.
(2016-12-19, 21:37)somethingsomething Wrote: Thanks! It worked. And it looks like it solved all of my questions. Thanks.

It's always been stated that Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes is far more resource intensive then the original Arctic Zephyr and that's because AZ:FA is packed with a lot more features for virtually every user. It can also say that this has also made a problem: there's so much you can do with AZ:FA versus the others that now we're getting to the point of having to create a help site.

Think of it this way, Jurialmonkey's original Arctic Zephyr comes in at only a little over 2MB in file size for the entire skin and I believe that's uncompressed. Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes on the other hand comes in at ~128MB compressed and nearly 300MB uncompressed. That's a huge difference.

Since you're on Jarvis still, I would have advised you myself to use the original AZ because we've dropped support for Jarvis since too many code changes occurred that made it unfeasible to continue to support Jarvis and Krypton with updates (so there's not going to be anymore updates for AZ:FA on Jarvis).

If you were using Krypton, I'd tell you to try both out and see what you like.

And as an added point, loggio only made about 4 posts in the AZ:FA thread and it was really just a brief tirade about the stance on LibreElec (i.e. we don't test it on LE, etc.) so careful whom you take advice from.

Happy you got sorted out Nod
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
(2016-12-20, 07:51)Guardian Hope Wrote: And as an added point, loggio only made about 4 posts in the AZ:FA thread and it was really just a brief tirade about the stance on LibreElec (i.e. we don't test it on LE, etc.) so careful whom you take advice from.

Oh god...
Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I have a couple questions about Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes.0