• 86(current)
Mod Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod
@Karellen

thanks for the info.
(2017-11-09, 01:21)Jumpy73 Wrote:
(2017-11-08, 21:48)bobbie digital Wrote: Jumpy73,

The issue is both album have the same album title listed as 19, use music brainz or mp3tag software and rename the albums. Leave album 1 as 19 and rename album 2 as 19 Bonus Disc or (19CD1 and 19 CD2 whatever you choose)

Once you do this, Kodi will recognize as two albums instead of one. 

It is not an issue... if an album has more than one CD, it is right if all the songs into each CD have the same album title. For example the album Selected Works 1972-1999 (2000) of Eagles has even 4 CDs. These aren't 4 different Albums, but simply 4 CDs of the same Album!
A behaviour like TV Show (for each Tv Show you have a sub-folder for each Season) would be desiderable for music too. An album with more than one CD, once imported into the music library, has to be displayed with one folder for each CD and into each CD folder I have to find the tracks of only that CD. In this way, when I select that CD folder or any track of that CD into the folder, the right discart is simply displayed too

Anyway all my music is tagged by Music Brain Picard so, in the case of the Album 19 of Adele, both the 2 CDs contain the same <musicBrainzAlbumID>9105a5b3-eb68-3a03-9aa8-f3495e602a4f</musicBrainzAlbumID> and, for a right Artist listing, I use the following setting SETTINGS/MEDIA SETTINGS/MUSIC/LIBRARY/PREFER ONLINE INFORMATION = ON
For these reasons, even if the 2 CDs have different sub-folders or the tracks belonging to different CDs have a different Album title (ex. 19 CD1 and 19CD2), in the music library view, the Album is always displayed with only one item containing all the songs      

Jumpy73,

I have another solution, since editing the album title is not working with musicbrainz. Change to the estuary skin of kodi, go to your music library and go into the track listings of album 19,
          press the left button on remote, side menu appears, change to sort by track. Now your albums wont be in (1,1,2,2, order) but cd1 tracks will be at top and cd2 tracks will be next, also
          cd2 disc art will show when you are playing a song from cd2 and last make sure the album is listed in music brainz as disk1 and disk2 in the option given.
(2017-11-14, 01:45)bobbie digital Wrote:           Jumpy73,

I have another solution, since editing the album title is not working with musicbrainz. Change to the estuary skin of kodi, go to your music library and go into the track listings of album 19,
          press the left button on remote, side menu appears, change to sort by track. Now your albums wont be in (1,1,2,2, order) but cd1 tracks will be at top and cd2 tracks will be next, also
          cd2 disc art will show when you are playing a song from cd2 and last make sure the album is listed in music brainz as disk1 and disk2 in the option given. 

Tks bobbie digital...
I appreciated very much your suggestion. It works like a charm Smile

Anyway I continue to think that the multi-CDs Albums are not properly managed by Kodi for the following reasons:
1) you loose the correct tracks order. SOLVED by sorting the album by tracks and not by album name (default setting)
2) you loose the possibility to view the discart of CD2 during the navigation of the music library. In fact, only the discart of CD1 appears for all the tracks of the Album
3) exporting the music library, you have only an .nfo file for the Album created into the CD1 folder instead of two different .nfo files, one for each CD folder. The .nfo file is no correct too. In fact after creating the right .nfo file for CD1, the same .nfo file is modified with tracks of CD2... the result is a unique wrong .nfo file containing the list of a merge of tracks of both the CDs
4) exporting the music library, if you have an Artist with only a multi-CDs Album the .nfo file for the Artist is not created into the Artist folder but wrongly into the Album folder. The error of point 3) happens as well

A behaviour like TV Show (for each TV Show you have a sub-folder for each Season) would be desiderable for music too. In such a way, an album with more than one CD, once imported into the music library, would be displayed with one folder for each CD, I would find into each CD folder the tracks of only that CD in the right order using the default ranking rule and, during the navigation of the music library, when selected that CD folder or any track of the CD into that folder, the right discart would be simply displayed too

Is there something of already available in Kodi to be used for correctly managing multi-CDs Albums? or
Is it possibile to solve the issue using the proposed solution (TV Show like)?

Tks in advance
(2017-11-03, 14:34)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73

I can't reproduce the behavior you described in question 1...still looking at question 3.
Hei latts9923,
did you have luck with question 3? Smile
@Jumpy73

I still can't get the discart to show on the music widget.
(2017-11-14, 23:49)Jumpy73 Wrote: Tks bobbie digital...
I appreciated very much your suggestion. It works like a charm Smile

Anyway I continue to think that the multi-CDs Albums are not properly managed by Kodi for the following reasons:
1) you loose the correct tracks order. SOLVED by sorting the album by tracks and not by album name (default setting)
2) you loose the possibility to view the discart of CD2 during the navigation of the music library. In fact, only the discart of CD1 appears for all the tracks of the Album
3) exporting the music library, you have only an .nfo file for the Album created into the CD1 folder instead of two different .nfo files, one for each CD folder. The .nfo file is no correct too. In fact after creating the right .nfo file for CD1, the same .nfo file is modified with tracks of CD2... the result is a unique wrong .nfo file containing the list of a merge of tracks of both the CDs
4) exporting the music library, if you have an Artist with only a multi-CDs Album the .nfo file for the Artist is not created into the Artist folder but wrongly into the Album folder. The error of point 3) happens as well

A behaviour like TV Show (for each TV Show you have a sub-folder for each Season) would be desiderable for music too. In such a way, an album with more than one CD, once imported into the music library, would be displayed with one folder for each CD, I would find into each CD folder the tracks of only that CD in the right order using the default ranking rule and, during the navigation of the music library, when selected that CD folder or any track of the CD into that folder, the right discart would be simply displayed too

Is there something of already available in Kodi to be used for correctly managing multi-CDs Albums? or
Is it possibile to solve the issue using the proposed solution (TV Show like)?

Tks in advance  
          Jumpy73,
          Glad the quick fix worked for the multi cd albums showing the correct track listings, but i understand you wanting a much better solution for this issue.

Is there something of already available in Kodi to be used for correctly managing multi-CDs Albums?  I have searched many forums and only found two other users who had this issue,
           and their questions were left unanswered in the forum. I have noticed though with FLAC formats, by editing the title with mp3tag, there is no issue. The issue seems to be with mp3
           formats. All my multi cd albums are in FLAC format and i dont have this issue.

Is it possibile to solve the issue using the proposed solution (TV Show like)?   I dont have enough experience in Kodi development to answer this question, maybe Latts or someone from
           the Kodi Team can answer this question.
The movie cases are supposed to eject and disply the cd art corret
(2017-11-17, 03:35)followtheants Wrote: The movie cases are supposed to eject and disply the cd art corret

Are you talking about the Shelf 3D v2 View?

Yes
Hello,

I have an issue, I've reinstalled Kodi and start from scratch. but after finalizing everything there is one thing that i cant fix. Rotten tomatos, IMDB & metacritics ratings are not available in Detailed Info. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks

@followtheant

Have you run Artwork Downloader on your movie library?  If so, make sure the folder that has the movie file also has a disc.png image.
@Slayer1982

Have you installed all the Multi-Mod files?
(2017-11-15, 14:30)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73

I still can't get the discart to show on the music widget.
ok latts9923... I will continue to hope Smile
(2017-11-17, 17:31)latts9923 Wrote: @Slayer1982

Have you installed all the Multi-Mod files?
 Yes All files included in the download has been installed, Any ideas?
(2017-11-17, 16:40)Slayer1982 Wrote: Hello,

I have an issue, I've reinstalled Kodi and start from scratch. but after finalizing everything there is one thing that i cant fix. Rotten tomatos, IMDB & metacritics ratings are not available in Detailed Info. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks

Try reinstalling the skin helper service from marcels beta repo. See here
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod4