• 131(current)
Mod Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod
@Jumpy73 

Sry on my side, i mixed up SkinHelperService with script.module.simplecache wich has dependencies together.
Had the same problem you had before, this little tut i now copy paste solved all my problems:

Skin Helper now needs an OMDB api key to get movie ratings and info.

You can request a free api key here: OMDB API

Once you have the api key go to settings --> system --> addons--> manage dependicies --> Metadata artwork utilies --> configure --> api --> patreon omdb api ---> Enter api keyhere.

After you have entered your key you need to delete the simplecache.db file so it picks up the new ratings. Go to file manager. Navigate to .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache  --> Delete simplecache.db

Note: If you dont see the .kodi folder you may need to enable the hidden files and directories option in kodi settings.

Restart system. Leave idle on movie while it updates.

Hope this helps

If still problems:

1st) Be sure you've registered on omdb and got an valid api key. Test your api key is valid.
2nd) Be sure you've an active internet connection
Try to make the addon settings descripted above on standard skin (on skins i've problem to find this very long menu path to get to enter the omdb api key)
No it had to work! If not...
3rd) Try to mix up different SkinHelperService versions script.module.simplecache versions (Try newest in official repo first, then try the newest with manual .zip install and then try other versions)

On different steps, be sure to close kodi completely down (also task manager, and make reboots)

Hope it helpts
UPDATE #59

Howdy folks!

ImageTitle as text/logo option in the top menu
There was a bug with the "SHOW ORIGINAL TITLE" and "LOGO AS TITLE (ON TOP IF AVAILABLE)" buttons in the Top Menu. JanM201 reported this bug a while back, and I thought I had it fixed. However, I recently reinstalled KODI and found that when you toggle one of them on it enables both at the same time. There is a new setting named "videotitle" that will be added to your settings.xml file after you install this update that fixes the problem. You will need to go to the top menu and toggle one of the buttons for the new setting to be added. Thanks to JanM201 for reporting the bug.

ImageDisplay local discart first in views
I've started adding code to the views xml files that will display local discart first and then revert to the Skin Helper Addon if local discart is missing. I tested this code first with Right List, so I'll start at the top alphabetically now with Glass List (included with this update) and work my down. Thanks to chrissix for the request.

Download
07-22-18 Update
Out of curiosity, did you manage to fix de studio logo problem with boxsets is no selected? No hurry, I'm just curious. No pressure

ImageImage
@nomnom27

I'm still trying to figure out why the studio won't display on a set when it is not selected.
Thanks for the update. Tight lines! Wink
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@MB1968

You're welcome. Tight lines!
(2018-07-22, 23:45)latts9923 Wrote: UPDATE #59

Howdy folks!

ImageTitle as text/logo option in the top menu
There was a bug with the "SHOW ORIGINAL TITLE" and "LOGO AS TITLE (ON TOP IF AVAILABLE)" buttons in the Top Menu. JanM201 reported this bug a while back, and I thought I had it fixed. However, I recently reinstalled KODI and found that when you toggle one of them on it enables both at the same time. There is a new setting named "videotitle" that will be added to your settings.xml file after you install this update that fixes the problem. You will need to go to the top menu and toggle one of the buttons for the new setting to be added. Thanks to JanM201 for reporting the bug.

ImageDisplay local discart first in views
I've started adding code to the views xml files that will display local discart first and then revert to the Skin Helper Addon if local discart is missing. I tested this code first with Right List, so I'll start at the top alphabetically now with Glass List (included with this update) and work my down. Thanks to chrissix for the request.

Download07-22-18 Update
Are the modifications limited to discart only or extended to all locally stored artwork?
Some feedback on local discart:
 - works for Movies (for both widget and right list view), but not for movies sets --> once kodi is loaded, the first time I go into the Rightlist view, discarts for all Movies of the same Movies set are displayed at Movies Set level but, if I go to the single Movie level and then come back to the Movies Set level, the discarts are not displayed anymore (the error is sistematic, that is it happens each time in the same way)
 - doesn't work for Music (for both widget and right list view)
(2018-07-11, 09:34)chrissix Wrote: @Jumpy73 

Sry on my side, i mixed up SkinHelperService with script.module.simplecache wich has dependencies together.
Had the same problem you had before, this little tut i now copy paste solved all my problems:

Skin Helper now needs an OMDB api key to get movie ratings and info.

You can request a free api key here: OMDB API

Once you have the api key go to settings --> system --> addons--> manage dependicies --> Metadata artwork utilies --> configure --> api --> patreon omdb api ---> Enter api keyhere.

After you have entered your key you need to delete the simplecache.db file so it picks up the new ratings. Go to file manager. Navigate to .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache  --> Delete simplecache.db

Note: If you dont see the .kodi folder you may need to enable the hidden files and directories option in kodi settings.

Restart system. Leave idle on movie while it updates.

Hope this helps

If still problems:

1st) Be sure you've registered on omdb and got an valid api key. Test your api key is valid.
2nd) Be sure you've an active internet connection
Try to make the addon settings descripted above on standard skin (on skins i've problem to find this very long menu path to get to enter the omdb api key)
No it had to work! If not...
3rd) Try to mix up different SkinHelperService versions script.module.simplecache versions (Try newest in official repo first, then try the newest with manual .zip install and then try other versions)

On different steps, be sure to close kodi completely down (also task manager, and make reboots)

Hope it helpts
 Now It works for Kodi on Windows PC (probably after an addon update the user settings have been deleted and no api keys have been reloaded), unfortunately with the same settings it doesn't work for Kodi on Minix Android box Sad

Is there something platform dependent? It is so frustrating... works here but doesn't works there
(2018-07-24, 22:48)Jumpy73 Wrote: Now It works for Kodi on Windows PC (probably after an addon update the user settings have been deleted and no api keys have been reloaded), unfortunately with the same settings it doesn't work for Kodi on Minix Android box Sad

Is there something platform dependent? It is so frustrating... works here but doesn't works there

I am glad to hear that I have helped you get it to work (for windows)

This Settings is main purpose for Windows only. I know that KODI is prepared for crossplatform use, but that mainly concerns Main Kodi.
Specific Skins, Addons and settings are sometimes not included. I would not figure out any big chances to get that working on Android.
This Skin (Aeon MQ Multi-Mod) and also SkinHelperService and it's SubAddons (for e.g SimpleCache) are main use for Windows.

I would suggest to ask for help in Kodi Android specific forums/threads, find out if it's compatible at all, if yes, read out the Kodi log files and try to find out where the main problem is.
Compatibility problem, or Skin Problem, or Addon Problem, maybe a Internet Connection problem with port permissions, or also maybe a writing problem cause it uses a own cache system.

Personally, I am not yet ready to transfer my setup to Android because I'm already worried about too many problems in terms of functionality.
Please let us know if you found out any solutions or fixes.
@Jumpy73

The new code only affects discart for now. I'll take a look at the sets discart...I didn't change any of the code for sets. I'll take a look at music as well.
@Jumpy73

There appears to be a problem with this skin (as well as others) displaying the sets discart after exiting the library and entering again. I was able to reproduce this problem with multiple views using three different skins.
Why is it when I am in the Netflix view I cannot get out of it. The Options just don't show. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've uninstalled a few times but it reloads in the Netflix view. Is there any way to delete the current settings in that skin?
Thanks
@insync44

I'm not sure which view you're speaking of...there is no view named Netflix in the MQ 7 Skin.
(2018-07-27, 13:06)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73

The new code only affects discart for now. I'll take a look at the sets discart...I didn't change any of the code for sets. I'll take a look at music as well.
 I hope you'll be lucky for movies set and music discart Smile
(2018-07-24, 00:20)latts9923 Wrote: @nomnom27

I'm still trying to figure out why the studio won't display on a set when it is not selected.
 Ok, no prob. Keep me updated. Thanx for the updates.
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod4