• 173(current)
Mod Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod
@ausvette
I'll have to see if I can add a way to access Move without going to the Top Menu.

@oldpainless
I added code a while back that should toggle the furniture off and on with "i", but I have never been able to get it to work properly.
"i" seems to be working here as it should, so all good.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
The user @Shredder_guitar came to me with an idea to auto update the Aeon MQ skin settings when holidays come around. We've been working on this for a while, and I think it's finally ready to release to everyone. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for the idea/contributions and @robweber for the cronxbmc updates!

Downloads
Cronxbmc
Scripts
Favorites
(2021-01-18, 19:01)latts9923 Wrote: The user @Shredder_guitar came to me with an idea to auto update the Aeon MQ skin settings when holidays come around. We've been working on this for a while, and I think it's finally ready to release to everyone. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for the idea/contributions and @robweber for the cronxbmc updates!

Downloads
Cronxbmc
Scripts
Favorites
Hi Latts,

I think I found a couple issues with the update.  First, it looks like that you won't be able to create the Valentine's day skin settings, it did not show up in Favorites after you run the Create Valentine's day settings.  Second, the font setting did not reserve after switching back between settings (I have it set to Aerial but it always came back with default font).

Again thank you so much for all the work that you have put in to create this wonderful mod.

tad61
@tad61
I just looked at the favorites zip and noticed I forgot to change the path to the Valentine's Day script. Change the favorite...

xml:

<favourite name="Aeon MQ 7 Valentine's Day Skin Settings" thumb="special://home/scripts/skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod/Standard/Standard.png">RunScript(special://home/scripts/skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod/Standard/skinchange-standard.py)</favourite>

to this...

xml:

<favourite name="Aeon MQ 7 Valentine's Day Skin Settings" thumb="special://home/scripts/skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod/Valentines_Day/Valentines.gif">RunScript(special://home/scripts/skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod/Valentines_Day/skinchange-Valentines_Day.py)</favourite>

I'll see if I can reproduce the font problem. I'm using the Modern fontset and it retains the font when I switch to different settings.
(2021-01-21, 14:02)latts9923 Wrote: @tad61
I just looked at the favorites zip and noticed I forgot to change the path to the Valentine's Day script. Change the favorite...

xml:

<favourite name="Aeon MQ 7 Valentine's Day Skin Settings" thumb="special://home/scripts/skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod/Standard/Standard.png">RunScript(special://home/scripts/skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod/Standard/skinchange-standard.py)</favourite>

to this...

xml:

<favourite name="Aeon MQ 7 Valentine's Day Skin Settings" thumb="special://home/scripts/skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod/Valentines_Day/Valentines.gif">RunScript(special://home/scripts/skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod/Valentines_Day/skinchange-Valentines_Day.py)</favourite>

I'll see if I can reproduce the font problem. I'm using the Modern fontset and it retains the font when I switch to different settings.

Thanks, Latts.  It's working now for the first issue. Hope you could figure out what caused the font issue.

tad61
UPDATE #86 - This will update the skin to v2.0.2.0

ImageAdditions
  • I added "Premiered:" to the Video OSD to display the premiered date when you are watching an episode.
  • I added the option in Skin Settings to use a different color for the glow on the neon menu bar.
  • I added Premiered, Status, Awards, Country, and Writer to Video Info for TV Shows. Thanks to Angelinas for the idea!

ImageBug fixes
  • The title stopped scrolling after about a minute when using Layout 6 in music viz. Thanks to RobinTW for reporting the bug!
  • The composition was not displaying in the main menu if you select a Playlist as a Main Menu item. Thanks to gotham_x for reporting the bug!
  • The modern font was not displaying for the views and Video Info screen when the modern fontset was selected. Thanks to ausvette for reporting the bug!
  • Selecting "I" on the keyboard will now toggle on/off the furniture in the music viz screen.

ImageMaintenance
  • You can now enable/disable the release date/premiere and plot info in the Video OSD with the "MEDIA INFO IN OSD MENU" button in Skin Settings. Thanks to fuorigioco1981 for the request!
UPDATE #87 - This will update the skin to v2.0.2.1

Image Additions
  • I added a background to the stream details so they are easier to read. Thanks to MB1968 for the request!
  • I added a setting to the music viz settings to let you show/hide the furniture when accessing the OSD.
  • I added code to display animated images for your artists or albums. Thanks to manfeed for the code and the info on how to implement it. (Follow the link to see how to add the settings to advancedsettings.xml. Check page 2 of the thread for links to album images. Place your animated artist or album images in the same folder as your existing artwork for the artist or album. This is not an easy process to get this to work in Krypton since you can't add this via "GET THUMB" from the info screen. To add the image to your database, you will need to manually insert a new record to the music database. Below is a screenshot of my database with the new record highlighted. The "media_id" is the value of the "idArtist" from the artist table of the database. You will need to make the "media_type" either "artist" or "album".

Image Bug fixes
  • I fixed the Smart Shortcuts so that they display the correct background for the selected item. Thanks to fuorigioco1981 for reporting the bug!
  • I removed some info and adjusted the position of the audio and subtitle flags for episodes in Video Info.

Image Maintenance
  • I changed the music viz code to hide the furniture if info or Music OSD is selected. Thanks to RobinTW for the request!

I've added new versions of the Colored Mediaicons and Colored Studio Icons Add-ons to the repo. There were multiple images with invalid characters in the name causing updates to fail when trying to install...that has been fixed with these new versions. Before installing, please uninstall your existing versions and then install the updates via my repo. Any future updates should install just fine after that.

For those that would like to manually download...
Colored Mediaicons update
Colored Studio Icons update
Hi Latts,

I got a failed update message when try to update the 'Media icons pack for aeon mq7 - coloured' to version 0.1.2 in your repo.  I don't know if it is caused by the latest update.  Can you check on it?
Also, have you had a chance to look into the font issue that do not retain when switching between holidays settings?  

Thanks,
tad61
@tad61
Did you remove your existing version of the Colored Media Icons before trying to install v0.1.2 from the repo?

I have been unable to reproduce the font problem with switching between settings. Which holiday setting is causing the problem?
(2021-02-07, 03:41)latts9923 Wrote: @tad61
Did you remove your existing version of the Colored Media Icons before trying to install v0.1.2 from the repo?

I have been unable to reproduce the font problem with switching between settings. Which holiday setting is causing the problem?
Hi Latts,

Thanks for the fast response.  Yes, I did remove it but still got the failure.  On the font problem,  it did not retain when switching back from any settings.  I've used the Arial font and when switching back from any settings, it switched back to default font.

Regards,
tad61
@tad61
Hmm...I've tried the procedure of removing the Add-on and installing from the repo multiple times and it works every time. I'm not sure what's wrong on your end. Try downloading the Add-on and install locally after removing.

Yeah, the font reverts back to default when you switch to a different skin and back to MQ 7. That's in the guisettings.xml file. I'm not sure how to force a font selection when switching skins. I'll keep trying.
UPDATE #88 - This will update the skin to v2.0.2.2

Image Additions
  • I added support for the Movie Director Thumbs Add-on by chrissix.
  • I added the artist logo to Layout 3 of music viz. Thanks to jasn for the suggestion!
  • I added support for characterart posters on the Video Info screen.
  • I added the colored studio option in SKIN SETTINGS > ICONS AND IMAGES to TV Shows. Thanks to MB1968 for the request!
  • I added two new settings to the Top Menu for Movies..."DIALOGUE CASE ART" and "DIALOGUE KEYART LOGO". The case art for the Video Info screen has been tied to the case art settings for Right List, but now you have the option to display different case art for both.
  • I added new default Dutch MPAA icons. Thanks to MB1968 for providing the images!

Image Bug fixes
  • The "TV Show Status" was displaying the duration in the Shelf 3D view while browsing TV Shows. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting the bug!
  • I added a control to hide the actor art when the focus was not on the actor's image. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for reporting the bug and providing the fix!
  • I think I finally figured out the problem with the persistent characterart.

I've added new versions of the Colored Mediaicons and Colored Studio Icons Add-ons to the repo as well.

For those that would like to manually download...
Colored Mediaicons update
Colored Studio Icons update
UPDATE #89 - This will update the skin to v2.0.2.3

Image Additions
  • I added the actress name to the actress art for Right List. There is a new button in the Top Menu to enable/disable the name. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request!
  • I added code to KodiFlix and KodiFlixTV to hide the watched flags if "WATCHED LABEL" is disabled in the Top Menu.
  • I changed the code for the thumb image in Layout 1 of Music Viz to use Skin Helper. It will now display multiple artist artwork for a song. Thanks to Holzfred for the request!

Image Bug fixes
  • The Right List view was not allowing you to navigate if you moved the pointer with a mouse. This was tied to the character art code. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for reporting the bug!
  • The discart for List 3D and List 3D v2 for Music was positioned too low for users on a Linux or Android OS. Thanks to jasn for reporting the bug!
  • The watched flag thumbnail was not displaying for unfocused Movies in KodiFlix if you had Boxsets selected as your View Layout and Center List was enabled.
  • The progress bar for the disk usage when viewing System Info was overlapping the label. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting the bug!

Hello there!

I am not sure when this stopped working but I have tried everything I can possibly think of to get studio icons and the Tomatometer rating to work.

I'm using Kodi 17.6 DSplayer (need Madvr for my projector) - If I install Kodi 19 and then install the MQ7 mod for Matrix I at least get the studio icons to work as they should, so I know it's not the NFO files.

Does anybody know what needs to be in the NFO file to make the Tomatometer (and Oscar awards, etc) work? This was working for me in the past. I use TMM to generate NFO files and this was updated recently. I have also used MediaCompanion to generatre the NFOs too but don't see any difference.

I'm not sure if it's broken in the update or if I have a conflicting version of a script or something?

I have tried reinstalling EVERYTHING from scratch and I still get the same outcome though. Not sure what to do next.....

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod4