• 175(current)
Mod Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod
(2021-03-23, 10:33)thesnodger Wrote:
(2021-03-21, 20:27)latts9923 Wrote: @thesnodger
I'm just now seeing your post. Did you ever figure out the problem you were having?

Well, kind of! It's all working now but only via many combinations of trial and error.

1st thing I did was to revert to a Kodi backup I did last October (v2.0.1.3) and Skinhelper Service is v1.1.24 - if you need any the versions of any other addons running let me know. I would assume that all other scripts/addons will also be versions from 6 months ago.

TMM was also updated to version 4.1.2 last week so after I updated it I played with a few options in the new TMM universal scaper so that it was grabbing all the correct metadata. I then deleted all my existing NFO files (again!) and rescraped the entire collection. However I have to say that I don't think it was a metadata issue as some NFOs worked intermittently, i.e. after one clear out and refresh it worked, then on the next one it didn't.

Now here is some weird behaviour - and this is where I might have gone wrong...

1. If I delete the video and texturecache databases and then go into media settings, set the Movies source folder back to how it was and then say YES when it asks to update all files in the source >>> I get studio icons work, only SOME tomatometer ratings work.

2. If I delete the video and texturecache databases and then go into media settings, set the Movies source folder back to how it was and then say NO when it asks to update all files in the source, but then click the "update library" menu linkj >>> everything works

Another thing that I did was disable Artwork beef until I had added everything back into the library then ran it manually. What I noticed was that the disk light was flashing away for a good 20-30 mins after each import so perhaps Artwork beef stops another script from running?

Perhaps there are other files that I need to delete when I do a full library refresh?

This could all be a total coincidence but its working now so I'm leaving it as it is. I think some combo of all the above fixed it but right now I'm not 100% sure what that combo is.

However, if you want me to try updating to the new version and see if it still works I can. I will do a full backup then try the update so I can revert back again if it messes up.
Also, funnily enough I updated the textures file myself this weekend to include all those studio icons and also a few more, plus I added DTS-EX in codecs.

UPDATE: I just updated the skin to the latest version, plus modules and skin helper service all to latest and it breaks everything, for me at least.
Hi thesnodger,

Yes, that exactly has happened to me also.  Everything is now broken.  I don't know what version caused this.  May be Latts can look into this and hopefully give us some guidance. 

Regards,
tad61
@tad61 - do you have a working backup you can revert back to? What vertsion of Kodi are you using?

UPDATE #2: I decided to try updating everything again but this time I did the plugins manually. Downloaded the zip files, extracted them and then renamed the existing addon folder in the user addon directory (put a _ in front of it) then pasted the new version of the addon directly into the addon folder.

I did this for cherrypi 17.4 (note is has to be EXACTLY this version), metadatautils (to version 1.0.35) and skin.helper.service (to version 1.1.31)

Loaded Kodi and the studio flags and tomatometer ratings still working, HOWEVER only on files that were previously working before I updated everything.

If I then go to add a new file, neither the studio icon or tomatometer works.
@tad61
@thesnodger
Let me add a new Movie to the library and see what happens.
I too am having issues after the latest update, updates fail for:

Metadata and Artwork module
Metahandler
Skin Helper service
Skin Helper service backgrounds
Skin Helper service skin backup
Skin Helper service widgets

Failed due to dependencies not met.

Any ideas?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2021-03-25, 09:31)thesnodger Wrote: @tad61 - do you have a working backup you can revert back to? What vertsion of Kodi are you using?

UPDATE #2: I decided to try updating everything again but this time I did the plugins manually. Downloaded the zip files, extracted them and then renamed the existing addon folder in the user addon directory (put a _ in front of it) then pasted the new version of the addon directly into the addon folder.

I did this for cherrypi 17.4 (note is has to be EXACTLY this version), metadatautils (to version 1.0.35) and skin.helper.service (to version 1.1.31)

Loaded Kodi and the studio flags and tomatometer ratings still working, HOWEVER only on files that were previously working before I updated everything.

Hi thesnodger,

No, too bad I don't have the back up.  I'm using Kodi 17.6

Thanks,
tad61
@oldpainless
Are you using marcelveldt's repo? The add-ons are all Matrix versions now and will not install on Krypton or Leia. I'm going to restructure my repos...one for Krypton, Leia, and Matrix. I will upload the compatible versions of those add-ons and others to each repo. I'll post on all the skin threads when it is complete.
Perfect - look forward to it and thanks again dev.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2021-03-25, 20:14)tad61 Wrote:
(2021-03-25, 09:31)thesnodger Wrote: @tad61 - do you have a working backup you can revert back to? What vertsion of Kodi are you using?

Hi thesnodger,

Thanks,
tad61

If you want I can zip my install up and give you a link to download it? Obviously I'll clear out my data first.
(2021-03-26, 10:23)thesnodger Wrote:
(2021-03-25, 20:14)tad61 Wrote:

Hi thesnodger,

Thanks,
tad61

If you want I can zip my install up and give you a link to download it? Obviously I'll clear out my data first.
Thanks, thesnodger.  That would be great.

tad61
(2021-03-27, 01:10)tad61 Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 10:23)thesnodger Wrote:
(2021-03-25, 20:14)tad61 Wrote: Hi thesnodger,

Thanks,
tad61

tad61
https://drive.google.com/file/d/137bvq6u...sp=sharing

There ya go.
This helped me as well, so kudos.

K
(2021-03-27, 10:58)thesnodger Wrote:
(2021-03-27, 01:10)tad61 Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 10:23)thesnodger Wrote: If you want I can zip my install up and give you a link to download it? Obviously I'll clear out my data first.

tad61
https://drive.google.com/file/d/137bvq6u...sp=sharing

There ya go.
Thank you so much, thesnodger.

tad61
(2021-03-25, 16:34)latts9923 Wrote: @tad61
@thesnodger
Let me add a new Movie to the library and see what happens.

@latts9923 The studio icon and tomatometer is 'broken' again now and it seems to be related to a date change. After changing nothing at all it all just stopped working. If I set my PC clock back to 1st March, HEY PRESTO!!! All working again. Set it back to current time and it breaks again. This is a repeatable excersise so I am guessing it might be certificate related? Obviously I can't leave the clock with the wrong date as it breaks so many other things.

Given that keeping an older version is no longer a working solution I have updated to the latest version (2.0.2.5) from your new repo but I have the exact same issue with the studio icons and tomatometer not working. I've even done a number of fresh installs using different versions of CherryPy (11,12,17.4), the skin helper service (1.1.24 and 1.1.31) and the metadatautils (1.0, 1.0.35, 1.0.37) addon but none of it is working. I also had to install a number of plugins manually (below) but I think this is because marcelveldt's repo currently isn't working properly.

I can see there are lots of errors in the log with skinhelperservice, metadatautils and not being able to find the correct path for the icons. Example here:

"T:3268   ERROR: CImageLoaderBig GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/studios/Universal Pictures / DreamWorks Pictures / Reliance Entertainment / New Republic Pictures / Neal Street Productions / Mogambo Films / Amblin Partners.png"

It seem's to be ignoring the " / " as a delimiter and making the whole thing one big path?

It's probably a mixture of the wrong versions of addons combining to make it not work properly.

My 1st clean install of the v2.20.25 skin I made sure I used the exact minimum versions required as in the addon.xml file and this resulted in the same issue.

I did a second clean install but this time 100% from the repos only. I changed marcelveldt's beta repo to point to the "olderversions" folder in the repo and everything just installed fine without asking for any pre-req addons first. It does install the latest versions of all addons rather than the minimum as stated in the addons.xml file, not sure if this is an issue or not? Whilst this was much easier and faster it still produces the same results. If turn the date back 1 month AND copy the simplecache.db file over from my previously working setup then the icons and tomatometer work again. However removing the simplecache.db file stops everything working and setting the date back to real time stops everything working.

Will you be updating your guide or perhaps be able to post a list all all the exact versions of pre-reqs? Does it matter that I am using a Kodi 17.7 DSplayer build (the older 17.6 DS player build also has same issues)?

If we can get this working again I'll be more than happy to make a reasonable donation! I don't know why it bothers me so much....
@thesnodger
I'm away from my mod PC at the moment. I will take a look as soon as I can. I got your PM and will look at the logs.
UPDATE #91 - This will update the skin to v2.0.2.5

The newest version of my repo (v3.0.0) is now available. You should be able to update the existing repo with this version by changing the source URL of my repo, or download the zip and install it manually.

Image Bug fixes
  • I forgot to add the white IMAX icon to the Textures file. Thanks to ozmale for reporting the bug!

ImageMaintenance
  • I separated the HIDE STUDIO/LOGO FOR BOXSETS button in the Top Menu for KodiFlix and KodiFlixTV into two buttons...HIDE STUDIO FOR BOXSETS and HIDE LOGO FOR BOXSETS. Thanks to TrailFoX for the request!
  • I changed the width of the poster, keyart and character art poster for the Video Info screen. It was a tad too wide and caused the image to be distorted. Thanks to shedrock for letting me know!
  • 175(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod4