v17 Black screen playing DVD content, either directory structure or iso
Hi,

As of mid-week last week any DVDs stored on my local Samba server no longer play. When I try to play them I get a black screen with no audio.

I'm running on a pretty new Amazon Fire TV (new within the last month). This was on Kodi 17 Beta 6, but I updated it to Beta 7 before opening this thread. I believe the AFTV OS updated itself during the week, but I wasn't paying close enough attention to be able to say that update correlated with the DVD's no longer playing.

Log file is here: http://pastebin.com/TVSNmrAs

In the log I tried to play a few things, then turned on debug logging and tried to play 1 directory-based DVD and 1 iso-based DVD.

I have tried turning off hardware encoding at "Settings > Player > Videos > Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec (Surface)" and at "Settings > Player > Videos > Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec". Those didn't have any noticable affect.

I have also tried turning on the switch at "Settings > Player > Discs > Attempt to skip introduction before DVD menu" which also didn't have any noticable affect.

How can I figure out what got messed up and how to fix it? Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen playing DVD content, either directory structure or iso0