v16 Surround Sound Enabling pass through causes static noise
Hello,

I was hoping I may be able to get some help with my Kodi set up. I'm trying to get surround sound working with Kodi. I've followed numerous guides but still don't seem to be getting the solution I need.

To explain my set up;

Tonbux M8S running, Android and Kodi 16.1

Connects into a Kinivo 301bn HDMI switch. (this switcher supports 5.1 audio)

This connects into my XBox One via HDMI and out of the Xbox to my TV via HDMI.

I have an optical cable connecting the Xbox to my surround sound player Samsung HT 4500.

The Xbox is set up for surround sound and bitstream using Dolby Digital.

The Android box is set to digital audio passthrough HDMI.

In Kodi the audio output is set to support my audio receivers formats.

When I enable Pass Through I get horrible static noise through my speakers. I have tried different settings but to no avail.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
You should try first to remove your HDMI switch and connect the M8S directly to the xbox one
Yes I did try that. But it wasn't the problem.
It's the way Jarvis does passthrough on android ... try v17. It's intended to workaround platform shortcomings :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I've been doing some more troubleshooting on this. I've eliminated the HDMI splitter being the cause of the problem. I plugged my android box straight into the Xbox and the same issue occurred. I then took the optical cable out of the Xbox and came straight out of the android optical out into the surround sound. This works as it should I had perfect 5.1. Although this is a work around it means only the Android box can use the benefit of 5.1. The Xbox can not. So is this an issue with how the Xbox is transcoding the source material coming from the Android box?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surround Sound Enabling pass through causes static noise0