Win FSC Activy 570 Mediacenter PC rebuild - using the VFD with Kodi
Hello, I have rebuild a Fujitsu-Siemens 570 Mediacenter PC (same as FSC Scaleo E) with a new Asrock mainboard with quad core ATOM Pentium CPU. It has a little nVIDIA graphics card as well as two DVB-S2 TV cards and a silent 2 TB harddisk. The new mainboard and graphics card was necessary to have full WIndows 10 support. The old/original FIC mainboard refused to install Win 10 due to old i945 graphics card and processor not capable to support MX feature. Parallel to Kodi 16.1 also Windows Mediacenter is installed (V12 installer from MCE-community). WMC because of TV recording jobs, still more reliable and simple as Kodi/DVBViewer-Pro... One TV card is assigned to WMC and one to Kodi.

The special on Activy / Scaleo chassis is that it integrates USB attached Futuba DM140GINK VFD (LCD display). Since a few weeks a driver for that display is available for LCDHype software and basically this runs fine (still some trouble when ending RDP session to the HTPC). I already have a LCDHype script running on the FVD to display system informations and Winamp informations. Next step will be Kodi, in LCDHype forum there is a plugin and some exampe scripts which I did not get well running yet, I have to deeper understand the script and make modifications to it to get it working.

If you are interested in this VFD topic, you can follow up this thread: http://lcdhype.condense.de/index.php?showtopic=5311 sorry in german ... - the script is made in a way that it easily can be adopted to the very similar Futuba MDM166A display as well (basically X and Y resoultion of the display and the symbol-numbers differs, my script has constant variable definitions for this to change).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FSC Activy 570 Mediacenter PC rebuild - using the VFD with Kodi0