Will Ember Media Manager scape the info and insert Film year?
I have a collection of some 1200+ movies in various file formats but each one is in its own folder of the same name. I did this as I went along as I have been using MyMovies. However I made the mistake of not including the film year in the title on a lot of the earlier rips e.g. 21 Jump Street.mpg instead of 21 Jump Street (2012).mpg

I also used Media Companion for a while hoping that this would have the functionality to rename the file and folder and add the year of release by scraping the information. This program has successfully downloaded fan art and poster images but has made the situation worse as I now have at least three extra files in the folders with the wrong names!!

Does Ember Media Manager have the facility to identify and scrape the film year from the video file/folder title and insert that into the video file name and containing folder?
I am currently doing this manually but its so laborious.
If not are there any other bits of software that can automate the task. Bulk Renamer and other file rename utilities are fine when you want to rename lots of files with the same title but not for what I need to achieve.
Many thanks
Fozzie
Yes, ember can place the year in the folder/file name. This will require you to go through and scrape everything(Even with the correct name though, you can get some misses). If you aren't trying to scrape everything just yet, I would recommend Filebot (www.filebot.net). I actually use Filebot to do my naming and then use ember to go through and scrape.
(2016-12-22, 20:42)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Yes, ember can place the year in the folder/file name. This will require you to go through and scrape everything(Even with the correct name though, you can get some misses).
Wow thanks for such a quick reply Fail$tyle420.

Are you saying I need to re-scrape the whole library using Ember for it to insert the name and that I may get a few errors as the year is missing?.
Would I be better to copy all the folders without a year into a new directory and point ember at that directory?

Quote: If you aren't trying to scrape everything just yet, I would recommend Filebot (www.filebot.net). I actually use Filebot to do my naming and then use ember to go through and scrape.
I had a very quick look at Filebot which also looks very powerful. Will this also rename the files /folders without actually scraping the fan art and posters etc?

As an aside will both these programs work over local area network as all my media is on a file server and I prefer to install management programs on a separate PC.
Many thanks again
Fozzie
You you arleady have NFO for your movies? Ember use the information from NFO in they are available. Otherwise Ember try to get the year from folder/file name. It's not realy needed to rescrape all movies, but you have to enable the correct file name settings for Ember to find/recognize the files. Maybe you can upload a screenshot of a typical folder, than i can tell you the correct file name settings.

After that you can use Ember to rename your folders and files with year or any other flag you need.
(2016-12-22, 21:17)DanCooper Wrote: You you arleady have NFO for your movies? Ember use the information from NFO in they are available. Otherwise Ember try to get the year from folder/file name. It's not realy needed to rescrape all movies, but you have to enable the correct file name settings for Ember to find/recognize the files. Maybe you can upload a screenshot of a typical folder, than i can tell you the correct file name settings.

After that you can use Ember to rename your folders and files with year or any other flag you need.
Many thanks DanCooper
I should state that not every folder has an NFO file. Only the ones re-scraped with Media Companion. However please see screenshots below

This is an overall view of the directory containing the folders and video files

Image https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtGZCStbEremk0nT26gqNIP8pIGF

and here are two examples of the contents of the folders
1) Folder named Dogma

Image https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtGZCStbEremk0pWrOAN-kDl8B50

2) Folder named Dirty Dancing

Image https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtGZCStbEremk0gaPKb-kZrWKPwM

I hope these images show as I cant find how to upload an image so had to put them on OneDrive and share them

Many thanks
Fozzie
That looks correct for the default "Kodi Frodo/Helix" file names. Just enable this in settings and load your source to Ember. The NFO should contain the year, so you can use Tools => Bulk Renamer to show a preview how Ember will rename your folders and files.

If the menu is not available, go to Settings => Modules and enable the Renamer module. This is also the place to do your preferred renaming settings.
Btw.: Only movies with a NFO can/will be renamed. Check the NFO column in the main window list to sort the entires by "has NFO" and "no NFO" to rescrape that one without NFOs.
(2016-12-22, 21:07)Fozzie bear Wrote:
(2016-12-22, 20:42)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Yes, ember can place the year in the folder/file name. This will require you to go through and scrape everything(Even with the correct name though, you can get some misses).
Wow thanks for such a quick reply Fail$tyle420.

Are you saying I need to re-scrape the whole library using Ember for it to insert the name and that I may get a few errors as the year is missing?.
Would I be better to copy all the folders without a year into a new directory and point ember at that directory?

Quote: If you aren't trying to scrape everything just yet, I would recommend Filebot (www.filebot.net). I actually use Filebot to do my naming and then use ember to go through and scrape.
I had a very quick look at Filebot which also looks very powerful. Will this also rename the files /folders without actually scraping the fan art and posters etc?

As an aside will both these programs work over local area network as all my media is on a file server and I prefer to install management programs on a separate PC.
Many thanks again
Fozzie

I forgot to say that you if you have NFOs already and ember can read them, then you should be fine without rescraping and just use the bulk renamer within ember to see. Filebot is an AMAZINGLY powerful program. You can do soooooooo many things with it. You can rename folders/files, scrape artwork/nfo, scrape subtitles.
(2016-12-22, 22:26)DanCooper Wrote: That looks correct for the default "Kodi Frodo/Helix" file names. Just enable this in settings and load your source to Ember. The NFO should contain the year, so you can use Tools => Bulk Renamer to show a preview how Ember will rename your folders and files.

If the menu is not available, go to Settings => Modules and enable the Renamer module. This is also the place to do your preferred renaming settings.
Btw.: Only movies with a NFO can/will be renamed. Check the NFO column in the main window list to sort the entires by "has NFO" and "no NFO" to rescrape that one without NFOs.
Thanks Dan
I have copied a selection of folders into another directory to try out Ember.
Below is a link to a screenshot of the Bulk Renamer window of Ember. As you can see it correctly renames the folders (Path) but does not add the year to the files except the film Dogma where it attaches .bluray to the name.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtGZCStbEremk0vbVBcr-Ccb9V02

Have I got some of the settings wrong?
Also should it rename the existing XML, Fanart and Poster file names to match the renamed folder/media file name?

Fozzie
Your setting for file name is originaltitle.source so probably Dogma is the only one with source in the DB
On the setting page for renaming there is a preview so you can see what result to expect

If you want both year with brackets and the source use something like this
Code:
$O ($Y){.$S}
(2016-12-23, 00:59)T-bird_se Wrote: Your setting for file name is originaltitle.source so probably Dogma is the only one with source in the DB
On the setting page for renaming there is a preview so you can see what result to expect

If you want both year with brackets and the source use something like this
Code:
$O ($Y){.$S}
Many thanks T-Bird_se.
Your suggestion pointed me in the right direction. By trial and error I found the correct sequence to achieve what I needed which was $T ($Y){$}

This added the year in brackets to both the folder and the video files. It also renamed the other files contained within the folder to match e.g. Donkey Punch (2008)-poster.jpg, Donkey Punch (2008)-fanart.jpg and the xml file Donkey Punch (2008).dvdid.xml which is fantastic.
Now I have to carry out the process on the remaining 1000+ odd folders!!
Thanks Again
Fozzie
(2016-12-22, 22:26)DanCooper Wrote: That looks correct for the default "Kodi Frodo/Helix" file names. Just enable this in settings and load your source to Ember. The NFO should contain the year, so you can use Tools => Bulk Renamer to show a preview how Ember will rename your folders and files.

Thanks again Dan Cooper, With T-Bird_se's suggestion I have now configured Bulk Renamer to do exactly what I needed.
Thanks for a great program
Fozzie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will Ember Media Manager scape the info and insert Film year?0