Win Duplicated all entries when updating sources
Hello,

Before, my tv shows were on a hard drive, and now their are on a Synology NAS.

Scanning all my tv shows was very long when their were on my hard drive so i decided to follow a guide to update kodi database and change the path of all my episodes.
It is working well, i can watch my tv shows from my NAS.

But when I decided to update my sources to the new path to my NAS, (i tried on a little folder for testing, all episodes has been re-scanning and all is duplicated ...).

I dont want to rescan those i already have.
Is there a way to avoid that ?
In the database can we say this folder has been already scan, so dont re-do it ?

Sorry for my poor english,

Regards,

Abra.
Look carefully at the sources, sounds like you have different paths to the same movie source. With a typical movie in focus, bring up the information screen and look at the path, compare that with the duplicate. If the two paths are different but bring you to the same movie, one will have to be eliminated.
When the path changes (Sources.xml) the relative entries in the DB must be changes too - a simple rescan will fix this.
Old = file:C:\folder\video\movie...
New= smb:\\nas-name\folder\video\movie...

Just let Kodi rescan your Files and done! this wil be updated very quickly. Don't know what you are afraid off with a scan.

And after rescan - use the function "clean Database" to get the old entries wiped.
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
Hello,

The duplicated movies have the same path.
When a path is incorrect and i want to watch the movie, it throw an error message.
Here, i can watch the movie from the two entries.

I dont know if it's normal but scanning is VERY long just for few episodes so if i have to rescan all i think it can last for a long time.
But i think rescan and clean database could be a backup solution.
I wanted avoid this by update the db myself but kodi/osmc doesnt care of previous entry, i dont know how the system knows if it scan already this folder or not ...
I just ran into this issue not a month ago, but somehow don't seem to be able to pull up the link. From my failing memory, it seemed to involve Emby and a NAS. Ah, yes it was the path pointed at.rar or iso files and the archiver pulled the same path but with caps in the letters from a different iteration of Kodi , which caused dups. I did suggest a back up he had to recreate the library, then an export overwrite to single files, then a local re-scan with the local information scraper. But in the end he went total fresh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicated all entries when updating sources0