Change channel: UP<->DOWN
In PVR it's possible to change the channel by the keys UP and DOWN. UP will switch to the next channel (x+1), DOWN will switch to the previous channel (x-1).
Basically this is clear and this is what most users will expect.

On the other side you can use the channel list, such as by pressing the TAB key. In the channel list (ascending sorted by channel number) you scroll from top to bottom, i.e. you select the next the channel with the DOWN key and the previous channel with the UP key. So this is the contrary to the behavior in without the channel list.
Basically also this is correct and this is like the menu (channel list) should work.

However, I always have to think if I have to press UP or DOWN to go to the next channel.
For me it would be fine if I can invert the meanings of UP and DOWN in the PVR (live view), but only when the keys are used for direct switching the channel without the channel list.
Is there a way to do this?

You may think I'm strange ... and this might be right. Big Grin
BTW: To change the channel ordering is no proper solution for me. It might be a way, but I don't like it.
(2018-10-08, 03:10)NeroRome Wrote: Is there a way to do this?

Jer, u can map ur remote keys to behave like this, eighter by creating a keyboard.xml and putting this in the "userdata->keymap" Folder (Link1, Link2), or use the KeymapEditor Addon, which was designed to map ur remote keys to a specific function (global and Window specivic mapping possible).
Thx!
I works fine! Now it's more consistent to me.

xml:
$ cat ~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <!-- show ShutdownMenu only with long pressed key S -->
      <s></s>
      <s mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</s>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <FullscreenLiveTV>
    <keyboard>
      <!-- invert UP and DOWN to be consistent with the channel list window -->
      <up>Down</up>
      <down>Up</down>
      <pageup>ChannelDown</pageup>
      <pagedown>ChannelUp</pagedown>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
  <FullscreenRadio>
    <keyboard>
      <!-- invert UP and DOWN to be consistent with the channel list window -->
      <up>Down</up>
      <down>Up</down>
      <pageup>ChannelDown</pageup>
      <pagedown>ChannelUp</pagedown>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenRadio>
</keymap>

P.S.: A challenge could be to find the correct/all mandatory window(s). A look to the standard key mapping (/usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml) can also be very helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change channel: UP<->DOWN0