v17 DTS music playback from WavPack (.wv) files
(2017-01-04, 16:19)fritsch Wrote: How would user know what is in the file? What about a stranger that downloads the links above? See this is the big problem here: A container and totally not known what data is in there, without the wv giving any hint about the bitstream. That's the danger, the harm the insanity ... and that's why I rather say: if it works, it works - but we don't support it.

Edit: In the wav, we find DTS correctly and know about it. So we can easily decode and output.

Hmmm... I really did not want to start a format war with this post but, as I mentioned earlier, this was working for me since I started to use Kodi (XBMC) many years ago. The big problem with .waw files is that they do not support tags so are not scanned into the music library. That was at least my experience and the reason I converted them to .wv. Did this change? Is there a way to have .waw files included in the Kodi music library?

Or... Is there a way to have all sound output as passthrough? In which case it wouldn't matter what is in the audio files as decoding would always be done by the AVR.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DTS music playback from WavPack (.wv) files - by hugo57 - 2017-01-05, 08:25

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS music playback from WavPack (.wv) files0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.