Send notification to addon when recordings starts/ends
I am currently working on a small programm to switch a LED connected to a seral header on my motherboard on or off depending on the current recording state. My first idea was to make use of the recording-hooks of VDR which provides an easy method to detect if a recording has begun or ended.

Then I thought it would be nice to extend the use case and create an addon which uses JSON-RPC API to query kodi if a recording is currently active. However, the query must be repeated with an appropriately small time interval to react shortly after a state change has occcured. Thus, I was looking for a method to watch out for an active notification if a recording has started/ended which can be received via xbmc.Monitor - yet to no avail so far.

Anyone has an idea how to achieve this or is the JSON RPC query the only possible way?
That is more a request to generic PVR component. Isn't there any notification for timer changes already?
(2017-10-16, 18:20)FernetMenta Wrote: Isn't there any notification for timer changes already?

Yes, I see notifications for timer changes when a recording starts or ends. I just didn't find any example on how to tap into this.
Maybe this request is better suited for the developer section...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Send notification to addon when recordings starts/ends0